Need more information. difficult to diagnose from what you've provided.
1. What are the router stats ie sync speeds, attenuation, snr etc.
2. Is the router losing sync a lot.
3. Can you monitor/take downstream snr readings every few seconds to see if the value jumping all over the place.
4. If possible do a bt speedtest to see bras/ip profile data.
5. How is your daughter connected to the router, ethernet cable/wifi etc.
There will be more questions later, but those details will be required first.
Thanks for reply.
As a brief history, until 2 weeks ago the broadband had been by ethernet from a speedtouch 330 modem. Plusnet had advised that there were regular speed drops and linking the problem to the exchange. I gave her a laptop and Plusnet supplied a new TG582N wireless modem. The laptop is connected by wireless in room next to router. Worked on my network previously at 10.5Mbps download.
1) I do not believe their is a problem with sync and it is 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up
2) The router does not appear to give the Attn and SNR figures as standard.
3) BT Speedtester gave 5.25Mbps on a line 2Mbps - 11Mbps range down and 1Mbbps on a upto 0.83Mbps range Up
The phone and router have their own filter. NB phone only disconnects broadband if on different extensions
My daughter is not technical and other than basics would not want to confuse the situation.
I have sent her another configured router today that does give the Attn and SNR margins as standard.
I have moved the router to the first socket in chain and this is where stats have come from. I have asked her not to switch router off and leave it a few days before retest.
My first priority is to clean up the the phone and extension connections. This is an area that can cause problems and be eliminated. However without a BT master socket installed and reluctance to pay £130 for visit, this is where my question is addressed.
Edited by flippery (Mon 26-Nov-12 15:40:50)