Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lozart
(newbie) Sat 23-Mar-13 15:47:52
Print Post

Draytek 2710Vn on new Be network - won't connect

[link to this post]

OK so after migratiuon to the new Be network and setting the modem as per their settings VPI/VCI 0:102, Bridged LLC, Multimode etc, the router now constantly loops through initialising, connecting, getting an IP and then resets.

What I have noticed is that monitoring the ATM TX/RX activity I get a few TX cells, no RX cells and then the RX CRC count goes up over 250-300 which is when the ADSL side resets and the whole thing loops. Any ideas as to what might be causing the RX CRC issue?
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 23-Mar-13 17:05:17
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2710Vn on new Be network - won't connect

[re: Lozart] [link to this post]

does the router offer a BER test function ? That would see how error free (or otherwise) the ATM layer is.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Sat 23-Mar-13 18:17:05
Print Post

[re: Lozart] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lozart:
OK so after migratiuon to the new Be network and setting the modem as per their settings VPI/VCI 0:102, Bridged LLC, Multimode etc, the router now constantly loops through initialising, connecting, getting an IP and then resets.

[snip]

Pity you never gave chapter and verse on your settings as we might have spotted an error in your setup but throwing in my two pennyworth I would first make sure that you had ticked the box ENABLE.

You don't say if you have a fixed IP since that may mean a different VCI number; I believe 101 is used for fixed IPs and 102 for dynamic.

How about:
Multi-PVC channel : Channel 2
Encapsulation: 1483 Bridged IP LLC
Modulation: Multimode

If you have a fixed IP, specify as such and enter it; also enter the Gateway IP address.
No need to enter DNS IP addresses, use default IP address and leave unticked RIP And Enable Bridge Mode..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Sat 23-Mar-13 20:43:27
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
If you have a fixed IP, specify as such and enter it; also enter the Gateway IP address.

On the "new" BE network the IP address for fixed IP address is distributed via DHCP so you must not enter it. That is why, for fixed IP addresses, the VCI changes.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
  Print Thread

Jump to