Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rossikool
(newbie) Thu 25-Jul-13 13:42:17
Print Post

Buying A second hand sky router?

[link to this post]

I have just paid and bought the new sky router the white/silver router for £7.50+£6p&p.

I know that it is very cheap but the listing just stated its in perfect working order and only used for 5 months a long with the box micro filters ect...

The Ebay guy has got 790 feedback, so I doubt he wouldn't post with me getting it cheap.

anyway, will it be easy to setup to my sky bb unlimited or will it not work at all?

I have seen a few other threads saying I will need the log in credentials for the router, but when received if i just stick a pin in the reset button wont it reset the login details to Username: admin and password: sky?

cheers
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Jul-13 13:46:05
Print Post

Re: Buying A second hand sky router?

[re: rossikool] [link to this post]

Did you order this?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sky+hub&client=saf...

If so just plug it in once it arrives.

Are you upgrading from the pre N sky router? If so you will see a gigantic improvement!! (Assuming you use wireless)

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 25-Jul-13 13:46:24)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Jul-13 13:48:45
Print Post

Re: Buying A second hand sky router?

[re: rossikool] [link to this post]

If its the sky hub there's a reset button on the back which you just hold your finger over for 30 seconds. Resets it all to default, so yes admin and sky

You don't need to acces the router stuff anyway. Simply plug it in and wait upto an hour (usually 10 mins or so). It'll eventfully get accepted onto the network by sky.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to