Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User paradice22
(newbie) Sun 27-Oct-13 20:34:58
Print Post

ADSL settings not showing

[link to this post]

on the home page of my belkin router the data rate, noise margin etc were all showing 0, there was also no internet settings being shown - subnet mask, dns address etc
would that mean that the broadband coming in to the house had been cut off ?
the phoneline worked fine

all the stats are now showing again and everything is working but I want to know what would cause them to all show 0 or --
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 27-Oct-13 21:04:48
Print Post

Re: ADSL settings not showing

[re: paradice22] [link to this post]

When/if the connection had dropped or was not available you would see no data in those settings

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Oct-13 22:20:58
Print Post

It means you're disconnected.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Oct-13 22:34:49
Print Post

Your Belkin router lost sync with the exchange, was the change in the sync rate/speed lower than you had earlier and has there been an increase in the downstream noise margin?

Alastair

plusnet
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Oct-13 22:50:03
Print Post

In your other thread: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/4277848-g... you said your BT BB just stopped 2 weeks ago (with all these readings at 0) for no apparent reason and is now tagged.

You then replied to me today that it was now working but then deleted it. Did it start up again today and has it now stopped?

Did you find out why BT just stopped your BB, if indeed that is what happened?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User paradice22
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-13 20:08:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

the sync speeds are 8128/448, they were always that speed, that's the max for my line I think (ADSL Max)
not sure what the noise was before but it's 14 now

BT don't know what's going on Xray, wrote an email to them yesterday and someone phoned back today, hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this. They seem to have lost track of my account somehow, they can see this tag but can't see any services on my account. Strange.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 20:25:04
Print Post

Don't understand you!

One minute you say 'the data rate, noise margin etc were all showing 0' and now you say they are showing sensible values. Which is it?

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Oct-13 20:29:28
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It is a curious contradiction, isn't it - not that it matters much whether the OP's line is in sync or not. If his account has been deleted from the BT Retail RADIUS servers, he won't be able to use the line for Internet access even if it is in sync.

Considering he was trying to leave BT Retail anyway in the light of this, I think he just has to persevere until the "MAC, or if you won't, DSL cease" message gets through.

Standard User paradice22
(newbie) Mon 28-Oct-13 20:43:59
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

broadband stopped working almost 3 weeks ago, checked router and all line stats were 0
yesterday the broadband started working again and all line stats back to normal
BT don't recognise me as a customer. when I originally phoned up 2-3 weeks ago when it stopped working they say there is no services for my line/number, even though they can see there is a tag on the line, which shows an active service
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Oct-13 21:43:25
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

As you often say 'things are very sensitive to the facts'!

What I can't also understand is, before he tried to leave BT Retail anyway in the light of this, why he didn't take it up with his existing contracted ISP as to why the contracted BB was discontinued.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to