Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MarkGolf
(newbie) Thu 14-Nov-13 17:17:41
Print Post

Slow connection through non shared faceplate

[link to this post]

Hi All,

I am trying my hardest to solve my Sky broadband slow connection... When everything is wired as it should be, I get 1.0Mbps upload..

So I started tinkering, through the "test" socket on the BT wall socket, I get 6Mbps, great, I'm happy with that.. As soon as I put the faceplate back in and join my router to that, speeds drop back down to 0.XX - 1.0..

I went about removing the "join" cable which goes to the little junction in the box next to the BT socket, I did this to cut out any of the telephone sockets possibly interfering and isolate the problem.. Still, I get the same slow speed with nothing else connected to the "network".

Bingo, it has to be a dodgy faceplate. Bought a new one, still, same slow speed so it's not that!!!

i'm lost..

WHAT IS WRONG?!!!
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Nov-13 17:46:44
Print Post

Re: Slow connection through non shared faceplate

[re: MarkGolf] [link to this post]

It sounds like a Faceplate Filter will help your situation where your internal wiring is causing issues.

NB. I'm not sure if you meant 'download' where you said 'upload' - but either way if your TEST socket improves things then a Faceplate Filter should sort things out smile

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Nov-13 19:11:55
Print Post

Re: Slow connection through non shared faceplate

[re: MarkGolf] [link to this post]

It's not the faceplate, it's whats connected to it. A clear description of your set up, and or photos would help us to help you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to