Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User helix_quazer
(newbie) Tue 18-Feb-14 14:28:03
Print Post

NutTCP Testing

[link to this post]

Does anyone know anything about NutTCP testing? What I am trying to do is test a 100mb/s leased line, I am testing to a laptop configured with a public IP.

I am trying to figure out exactly how this works and what is going wrong, I am currently unable to achieve the maximum throughput of 100mb/s with TCP traffic. When I max out the line with UDP traffic I am hitting 97mb/s+ on the download but TCP traffic is only hitting 55-65mb/s. I wondered if it had anything to do with the laptop which is running windows only being able to handle a limited number of TCP connections or something? I am using the maximum window size of 65k and the max number of threads at 128, any information on this would be great.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Feb-14 14:49:48
Print Post

Re: NutTCP Testing

[re: helix_quazer] [link to this post]

Look at duplex settings for the Ethernet and whether your TCP RWIN is sized appropriately.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html will run at well over 100 Mbps, and over 1 Gbps if you had the right connection..

The two different download tests can help to identify areas of issue so post link once done.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User helix_quazer
(learned) Tue 18-Feb-14 17:00:06
Print Post

Re: NutTCP Testing

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am not on site at the moment so can't run the test, I'm pretty sure I am getting the speeds so I'm not worried about that I was just interested in the NutTCP test itself and how the TCP test isn't working. The ports are all set to 100mb/s full duplex, RWIN is not an issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to