Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sc0g
(newbie) Sat 19-Jul-14 19:48:31
Print Post

fibre speed loss

[link to this post]

just thought id ask if anyone can shed some light on my problem
had fibre fitted 2 weeks ago (talk talk) and was working great,went from 1.2 mbps to 30 mbps but now i only get fast speeds in morning and when i come home from work in the evening im only getting 0.3
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 19-Jul-14 20:14:45
Print Post

Re: fibre speed loss

[re: sc0g] [link to this post]

Is that connected wirelessly or wired to your router? If it is wireless, see if the same happens wired.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User sc0g
(newbie) Sun 20-Jul-14 09:07:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

it happens in both wired and wireless connections,as usual its 9 am and i am getting 29 mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 10:58:06
Print Post

[re: sc0g] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/flash-spe... will give you some information on what our speed test at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html may help to identify.

In short if the HTTPx6 is wobbly but better than the tbbx1 test then probably congestion.

Some areas suffer congestion for a while, and then providers buys more capacity to improve things.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to