Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User npombourcq
(newbie) Sat 11-Oct-14 17:56:32
Print Post

FTTC disconnects at specific times

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am a plusnet FTTC user working from home and for the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing disconnects of a few hours always happening mid-afternoon. Prior to this I had issues where my connection would drop a few times a day but reconnect quickly, and the speed was way below the expected speed for the line. After 2 OpenReach engineer visits where they redid the connection entering the house and replaced the plug the line is now very stable and a lot faster than before, except those times where it drops completely.

Can anybody think of something that could explain this pattern of failure? Plusnet is utterly helpless as every time I call they just put the issue in a queue and when they finally get to doing some actual test they do it when everything is working fine. Today I tried to get them to connect me with their fault team while the connection was down so that they could do the test when it is relevant, but they completely refused to do it. I am afraid that when they eventually get to the point of scheduling an OpenReach visit it will also happen when everything is fine and nothing will come out of it.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Oct-14 18:03:11
Print Post

Re: FTTC disconnects at specific times

[re: npombourcq] [link to this post]

Is the DSL light out on the Openreach modem, or is it just that the router cannot move any traffic?

If its regular to the minute it points to something electrical on a timer or someone using a treadmill at the same time each day for example.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User npombourcq
(newbie) Sat 11-Oct-14 18:14:43
Print Post

Re: FTTC disconnects at specific times

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The DSL light keeps blinking when this happens, and the phone is working fine.

This is not regular to the minute, just always sometime during the afternoon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to