Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User oddsandmods
(learned) Thu 16-Oct-14 14:36:53
Print Post

Dodgy Plusenet Phone Line

[link to this post]

Afternoon People,

I`ve been having problems with my Ping on Plusenet, it would just double for no apparent reason. I`m currently a Plusnet Phone and FTTC Customer and am quite happy but their support has took a real nose dive past few month`s :0(

Anyway, I`ve managed to find the problem myself (with the help of a BT engineer).

We share a communal back passage and the BT guys knock here for the key so they can get to the pole, I noticed a pattern that every time they had to gain access my Ping would increase/decrease. It seem`s on the pole about head height their is this "Bulb" looking thing where all the wires join together, when the guy was doing a New install the otherday he fixed my ping again so looks like a dodgy connection to my address in that bulb thing.

What do I do? Will plusnet fix this?? My pings are fine now but i`m worried when they come again to attend the Pole :0(

Thanks
Martyn

He Who Dares, WIns!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Oct-14 17:39:31
Print Post

Re: Dodgy Plusenet Phone Line

[re: oddsandmods] [link to this post]

The 'bulb thing' will be a joint on the feed going up the pole. I'd be hugely surprised if a dodgy crimp would be just affecting ping times. Do you have any comparative line stats from 'good' and 'bad' times ?

If it's working OK now what will Plusnet have to fix ?

Print Thread

Jump to