Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(member) Thu 06-Nov-14 18:36:55
Print Post

My router on the blink - am I right??

[link to this post]

Would I be right in thinking that a likely cause of my problems is a faulty router?

I log into my router most days and every 7-10 days it fails to respond and just hangs on the router login page. Not immediately but within 5 minutes or so my internet connection goes down. Up to now I've successfully re-booted the router and reconnected without problem.

My recent BQM (I can't work out how to display the image although I'm sure I've done it before)

I also get a big peak in my latency around the time that I first switch my laptop on in the morning. So I'm guessing that the router might be on it's last legs and having problems when it has to do some work. Is the router the most likely cause or am I off track? Am I right in thinking that as it's the router responding to the BQM requests, what is happening on my LAN shouldn't make any difference - should it?

As an afterthought, I didn't have any problems until a couple of months back when the sudden mass disconnections started happening on PlusNet I don't know if there is any relevance.

Edited by longedge (Thu 06-Nov-14 18:51:09)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Nov-14 20:39:43
Print Post

Re: My router on the blink - am I right??

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I think you might be on the right track.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User blueboy
(member) Fri 07-Nov-14 09:12:08
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Hi, yep had two routers quit on me in the past and what you described is very similar to what has happened to mine, probably time to get a new one frown

<n> BlueBoy was ere heheh frown eww # TISCALI

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User longedge
(member) Fri 07-Nov-14 19:00:22
Print Post

[re: blueboy] [link to this post]

I remembered that I hadn't taken the included router when I upgraded to FTTC so I've got one coming from PlusNet for the cost of postage. At least I'll have something to do a comparison with.
  Print Thread

Jump to