1. I have run speed checks on different devices - same problem.
2. Re cabled the internal telephone (it was noisy) and is now clean.
3. Unplugged all devices bar my PC.
4. Switched off wifi and used Ethernet only.
5. Changed Ethernet adapters in my PC.
6. Swapped by BT homehub 2 for a BT Homehub 5
7. Swapped the older Netgear router that does my internal distribution for a new nighthawk.
8 Checked all network cables properly installed.
All to no avail.
Homehub 5 (DHCP and wifi Off) connected to the nighthawk (fixed IP to HH5, DHCP on for all devices), then to a Netgear GS108Ev2 switch (DHCP off).
I am running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
I should add the thinkbroadband tests which are consistent with bt speedtester often come back highlighting "Variable Speeds".
Edited by miket67m (Tue 25-Nov-14 16:42:00)