Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User janices8269
(newbie) Tue 09-Jun-15 23:18:42
Print Post

Broadband been disconnected advised to contact old provider)

[link to this post]

Hi, apologies if in wrong forum.My New call broadband has been disconnected today. Bizarrely the information message when trying to connect to Internet was from talk talk, who was my provider 18 months ago. Information stated they need to talk about my account. Rang talk talk who said they would not discuss anything with me as I was not a customer. Could not get through to New Call. Hardware is all from Newcall and shows we are connected to internet through the hardware. Please may I have some help (must also advise am not very technical) Thanks
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-Jun-15 11:48:19
Print Post

Re: Broadband been disconnected advised to contact old provi

[re: janices8269] [link to this post]

Does your phone service work and does it ring when you call your number? If not, your line has been misidentified by an engineer and connected to TalkTalk by mistake. Another possible explanation for the TalkTalk reference is that your provider uses TalkTalk's wholesale services to deliver your service.

Keep persevering with your provider, who are really the only people that can sort this out.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Jun-15 12:03:02
Print Post

Re: Broadband been disconnected advised to contact old provi

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

NewCall is Fuel Broadband, aka Primus and they resell a TalkTalk service, so that explains that link.

It sounds like a temporary block has been put on the line, i.e. broadband is connected but ongoing link to the internet is turned off, this might original poster with a billing problem or NewCall/TalkTalk have messed up and turned off the access.

Chasing NewCall is the best avenue, chasing TalkTalk will achieve nothing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to