Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deanobaj
(newbie) Thu 17-Sep-15 15:50:31
Print Post

5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Powerline wireless adaptor query

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm using the BT HH5 with the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wireless set up with separate SSID's. Most devices in the house connect via 5Ghz (apart from 1 or 2 older devices on 2.4) however we have a part of the house which is a wireless deadzone so we have put in a TP-Link TL-WPA4220Kit in that part of the house which gives wireless access in that room.

My question is, as we are using the HH5 5Ghz and the adaptor is only 2.4Ghz, which SSID from the HH5 should I put into the wireless adaptor, the 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz SSID? I have currently copied the 5Ghz SSID into the adaptor which seems to work, but is this the ideal setup?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Sep-15 17:12:22
Print Post

Re: 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Powerline wireless adaptor query

[re: deanobaj] [link to this post]

It won't make any difference but I think you should use the 2.4GHz ssid if only to avoid confusion
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Sep-15 07:11:33
Print Post

Re: 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Powerline wireless adaptor query

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I would agree to keep it to the 2.4Ghz one. Primarily because if the computer is moved between the networks then it will be able to roam across access points automatically whereas if it is using the 5Ghz SSID it won't be able to connect to that on the HH5 as it won't be able to see that network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to