Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(member) Sat 30-Jan-16 13:56:28
Print Post

Faulty OpenReach MK3 Faceplate?

[link to this post]

I just installed a MK3 OpenReach MK3 Faceplate and my internet connection is not working connected to the top connector. The phone is working fine. However, when I connect a filter to the phone socket and subsequently plug in my ADSL connection, the internet works, if a bit slow. Faulty Faceplate, or something else?

In advance, thanks for any help.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Jan-16 14:02:41
Print Post

Re: Faulty OpenReach MK3 Faceplate?

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

It could be faceplate, if you remove the interstitial part (the MK3) and put master together as a normal does broadband work then?

Another option is that the centre 2 pins on the lead you are using are not connected, i.e. broken lead when using the top socket. Is the same lead being used in conjunction with the microfilter.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dsch
(member) Sat 30-Jan-16 14:22:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick reply!

The same lead is being used, so I guess that rules out a broken lead.

Before I remove the interstitial part and put the master socket together again a question to clarify my understanding. I thought that the MK3 Faceplate splits the phone line and ADSL connection and that it was a necessity to connect Broadband via the top connector. Why then would ADSL work via a filter connected to the bottom socket?

I hope I'm not being dense, but how will removing the MK3 Faceplate establish the problem if Broadband works now connected through the phone socket on the MK3?

Is there anything else I should consider?

All this just to tidy up any unnecessary 'bits/cables' before fibre is switched on Monday.

Thanks!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Jan-16 14:35:27
Print Post

Sounds like a faulty MK3 plate, I had same problem the other day, though so far just removed everything and plugged into test port

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Jan-16 16:26:30
Print Post

If broadband works at the expected speeds when the MK3 is not in use at all, and the other description from when its use, then you have a faulty one - or maybe just not a genuine one

The ADSL should not not work through the phone socket, since the signal should have been filtered out, so the fact it is working suggests a fault in the MK3 faceplate.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fadgewacker
(newbie) Mon 23-Jan-17 10:34:57
Print Post

I'm having exactly the same issue, yet I've had this with 2 plates in a row now...

1 - Did you get it working in the end? If so, I'd be delighted if you could tell me how!

2 - Where did you buy it from? I'm wondering if the seller has some bad stock.

Cheers!!
  Print Thread

Jump to