Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Tau
(newbie) Sun 20-Nov-16 10:44:32
Print Post

ASUS RT-N66U devices not connecting

[link to this post]

Hi all!

For some odd reason all my devices (i.e) mobile, PS4 etc disconnected from the Asus router. I tried the basics like forgetting the network on my devices and re-connecting but nothing worked...

Also the Asus 2.4GHz SSID gets picked up when search for wifi but the Asus 5 GHz SSID isn't being picked up?

I'm guessing this seems to be a security issue but i am using WPA2-Personal /AES

any ideas?

Thanks in advance all.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Nov-16 11:08:34
Print Post

Re: ASUS RT-N66U devices not connecting

[re: Tau] [link to this post]

Sounds like it may have been reset to defaults. Were you using a non-default password? I can't remember if the SSIDs were the same or different out of the box on my ASUS.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Tau
(newbie) Sun 20-Nov-16 11:46:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah they are default when you set it up for the first time or factory reset the Asus. But obviously I changed the SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz so they don't conflict.

So not sure why the devices aren't picking up the SSIDs. The only way I can connect the devices now is if I add the Mac addresses of each device which is a bit of a faf and isn't what I used to do in the past.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tau
(newbie) Sun 20-Nov-16 13:02:38
Print Post

I'm looking into the wireless log is there anything wrong here?
I've also got the WAN settings for both SSIDs 2.4 & 5GHz

let me nkow if something is wrong....

Wireless Log: http://i.imgur.com/VAHiplR.jpg
2.4GHz Settings http://i.imgur.com/YyBjPgD.jpg
5 GHz Settings http://i.imgur.com/xJWcH74.jpg
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Nov-16 13:27:14
Print Post

Mine is stored away, but shouldn't the wireless key be in those two setups? Presumably the MAC authorisation bypasses the login - I've never used MAC authorities.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User Mml
(newbie) Sun 20-Nov-16 18:36:36
Print Post

Sounds like you've enabled MAC filtering - which means only devices whose MACs have been added to the list can connect - and it looks like you're getting exactly that. And no, MAC filtering does not bypass the normal login, it's in addition to that.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Nov-16 21:55:59
Print Post

[re: Mml] [link to this post]

You are replying to two different people there, as I do not have Mac filtering set up, and not handling the fact that Tau is getting connection using the Macs, but there doesn't seem to be a wireless key set up. (Which I couldn't look into on mine for the reason I gave).

Standard User Tau
(newbie) Sun 20-Nov-16 23:05:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Mine is stored away, but shouldn't the wireless key be in those two setups? Presumably the MAC authorisation bypasses the login - I've never used MAC authorities.

Hi sorry should of mentioned the wireless keys are in there, I just removed them for privacy.
The Asus 2.4GHz SSID is being picked up but the Asus 5GHz isn't...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Nov-16 23:44:10
Print Post

Using WPS or direct entry into the client devices?

Print Thread

Jump to