Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ryannn
(learned) Mon 23-Jan-17 13:49:26
Print Post

NTE5 Faceplate Screws

[link to this post]

Hey guys,

I've lost the screws when taking off the front faceplate to do a test as requested by my ISP.

Does anyone know what screws they are, I can't find a reference to them anywhere!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 14:07:43
Print Post

Re: NTE5 Faceplate Screws

[re: ryannn] [link to this post]

With or without an interstitial plate between it and the body?

If it's without, buy a Mk3 DSL filter plate and fit that. It comes with the necessary longer screws. A better solution than buying a replacement ordinary faceplate to get the screws.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ryannn
(learned) Mon 23-Jan-17 14:35:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've got the plate between the filter and the body, and that's the bit I need the screws for. It seems silly to buy that whole bit again just for them screws, it's just them two screws either side of the front bit, not the actual back box.

Many thanks!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Jan-17 14:44:54
Print Post

If the body has a metal thread, then machine/electrical screws, but if I recall its the same as most light switch screws, just a case of getting the right length. M3.5 I think is the size and ScrewFix etc stock them

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:08:59
Print Post

But now we also know which length you need smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ryannn
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:19:44
Print Post

This is the exact one we have:

https://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/images/2012openreach...

Need the screws for the holes shown on there. M3.5 you say, I'm not sure if it'd be 25mm or 30mm?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:38:53
Print Post

That hasn't got the interstitial plate. In fact it has me baffled, as the faceplate is the part below the line and should not be moulded to the top like that seems to be. There should be a load of stuff in the backbox.

See this page showing it assembled and disassembled. In particular the top and bottom pictures.

Does your fully assembled setup look like the top picture? Or does it look like the bottom one would if assembled to the backbox without the bit the yellow arrow points to inserted?

Standard User ryannn
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:43:23
Print Post

Full assembled it looks like the top, this one: http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/faceplate/images/facepl...

And looks like the left one in this picture: http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/faceplate/images/test-s...
Standard User ryannn
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:46:56
Print Post

I've just tried a screw from another box, an ethernet faceplate, which I think is M3.5, and it doesn't fit. I think they could be M2.5s...
Standard User TheEulerID
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:58:41
Print Post

There are two different types depending on whether it is an older NTE5 with metal inserts (which which case I think they are m3.5) or later masters which have a plastic hole and require a type of self-tapper. M3.5 screws of the right length will be easy enough to find on ebay or even Screwfix (as I think it's the same thread as is used for fixing electric sockets and light switches). Of course you'll need the right length, but that should be easy to estimate by using something like a ballpoint pen refill and putting it through the socket/interstitial plate, measuring that length and adding a bit for the thread.

If it's the self-tapping kind, then I don't know where they'd come from.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to