Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Tue 14-Feb-17 13:14:23
Print Post

Filter for vDSL

[link to this post]

We are upgrading from ADSL2+ and moving to Zen Fibre 80/20. At present we have an ADSL Nation 2005 faceplate rather than the filters with tails, but the adsl nation site's data for this faceplate does not appear to have been updated for years!, are these filters, which are branded for adsl not vdsl, the best solution or is the newer BT faceplate (2014) better?, or any other suggestions please? As far as I am aware the fibre will be a customer no-engineer install, unless anyone knows differently? Thanks!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Feb-17 14:30:36
Print Post

Re: Filter for vDSL

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

If the old filter is working in spec then should be fine

The newer filters do have some tweaks, mainly around better tolerance components. If your faceplate is 2005 era then probably worth changing just to ensure components are still good

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User richi
(regular) Wed 15-Feb-17 08:52:57
Print Post

Re: Filter for vDSL

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

My experience (your mileage may vary):

Last year, I replaced a 2012-era ADSLNation plate with an Openreach mk3 faceplate, which was the first version to include the filtering Andrew referred to. It gave me a useful extra bit of speed at higher bins on ADSL2+. I bought it from Amazon Marketplace: about £12 or £15 with Prime.

BTW, since then, Openreach launched the mk4 version, which only works with the new, toolless design of NTE.

3 km line on THTG: 19/1.2 Mb/s with Sky
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to