Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:21:17
Print Post

Re: Sudden slow wifi with fibre broadband

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cloudscape:
Here is a test from another cct on the same interconnect in SYNC at 33M / 7.5M
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14900...
Hmmm.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:21:27
Print Post

Hi RobertoS,

He is not on a Business/Priority traffic product. He signed up for and has always been on a standard home product with a standard traffic/QOS profile.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:23:55
Print Post

So the single thread performance i.e. single download activity, reflecting performance things in the business world like a simple file transfer is what users of your service can expect?

If that is the case, then my recommendation is that the customer move to another provider who considered single thread performance important.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:32:51
Print Post

[re: charlestown] [link to this post]

As a point of interest when was the last time your re-sync'ed, and have you ever left it off for 10-30 minutes? Though, that might not be necessary. I think on the ASUS you can close the PPP session without disconnecting the DSL? Try that if it can be done.

What I'm after at the moment is ending the PPP session for a few minutes, and possibly picking up different routing when you re-establish one. That could very well be what happened when they sorted out the initial problem, that you got onto a different entry point into the gateway(s).

We may be chasing a red herring with the wifi aspect. Though if your good experiences were on 2.4GHz, go back to it on the ASUS. Don't make both changes simultaneously, as if things do improve we won't know which cracked it.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(isp) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:40:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry, that last test from the other (33/7.5) circuit was done from a rather poor PC.

Repeated with a better performing PC:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14900...
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:40:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by charlestown:
I am actually on an unlimited business package that is more expensive than the home packages and supposedly free of congestion.
Hi RobertoS,

He is not on a Business/Priority traffic product. He signed up for and has always been on a standard home product with a standard traffic/QOS profile.
Interesting.

Standard User charlestown
(newbie) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:44:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've never left it off for that length of time. Last week they asked me not to touch any settings in the router until tomorrow, so I'm leaving it as requested.

At BT I had the HomeHub 5 and there was very little difference in speed between 5GHz and 2.4GHz. At the moment I can see 5GHz is faster anywhere in the house. Certain devices like my phone only recognise 2.4GHz.
(newbie) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:47:25
Print Post

Hi RobertoS,

Then why do I have a fixed IP as shown for your business packages? It's also clear from my early correspondence that I was signing up for the business package.
(isp) Mon 20-Mar-17 13:59:57
Print Post

Hi,

We provide a fixed IP for all our circuits.

The difference with a business product is:

1/ Enhance Care Level
2/ Priority Traffic
3/ Guaranteed Fixed IP*

* Home users get a fixed IP, but this can be changed with prior notice if necessary.
(learned) Mon 20-Mar-17 14:16:51
Print Post

On the 17th of February I requested a business package by email. I actually made a point of this because I wanted reliability. Evidently I have not received this.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to