Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dethadol
(regular) Sun 06-Aug-17 13:28:24
Print Post

Re: First time on VDSL - Is this correct?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I didn't mean to imply that the change to cat5e was solely responsible for my improvement.
The first three OR engineers who came out said that the line from the master socket to the cabinet was fine and that the problem must lie within my home network.
Fortunately a fourth rather more clued up engineer diagnosed an HR on the line which had not caused a problem with ADSL but ruined my VDSL. This guy swapped me on to a spare pair which was luckily available in th UG line and th improvement both in speed and stability was immense.
Having said that my new internal wiring may have contributed to the improvement.
The main point I was making is that the switch from ADSL to VDSL can show up pre-existing faults that did not cause a problem with ADSL.
A further point is that not all OR egineers have the same degree of competence.
Standard User foxtrot_yankee
(newbie) Tue 08-Aug-17 19:32:54
Print Post

[re: dethadol] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dethadol:
The first three OR engineers who came out said that the line from the master socket to the cabinet was fine and that the problem must lie within my home network.

That doesn't fill me with confidence. I have an Openreach engineer attending tomorrow morning.
(newbie) Thu 10-Aug-17 21:06:29
Print Post

[re: foxtrot_yankee] [link to this post]

Not sure what they've managed to do. The line type has changed to Interleaved and I'm not receiving any cells. I note it doesn't say frames anymore.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 16-Aug-17 17:40:27
Print Post

[re: foxtrot_yankee] [link to this post]

1 week and counting. Still down...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to