Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Aug-17 16:19:45
Print Post

Re: Caller ID

[re: Select17] [link to this post]

This same problem is reported by a Sky phone user at; http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/No-... - in a post by Martin6583

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 29-Aug-17 16:34:09
Print Post

Do all incoming calls have this problem?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 29-Aug-17 16:41:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Select17:
unfortunately I can't add spaces or hyphens to match it.
Why not?

TELEPHONE BOOK

Up to 64 Names/Numbers can be stored into the Telephone Book. Up to 20 Characters and 20 digits can be stored per Name/Number.

To Store a name/ number press the TEL-BOOK button, then press the RETURN button. Using the Navigator Wheel scroll to ADD ENTRY and press to confirm (the navigator wheel). Scroll to NAME and then using the Alpha numeric Dial keys enter the name. If you enter an incorrect character or Digit press the # button. To insert a space press the * button. Press the * button repeatedly for the following punctuation marks and characters: Space , . : ? ! " @ _ -

To Dial, Edit or Delete a Name / Number press TEL-BOOK button, 4 names / numbers will be displayed in Alphabetical order, use the Navigator wheel to scroll to the name/ number required and press to confirm. Scroll to Dial, Edit or Delete as required and press to confirm.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Select17
(newbie) Tue 29-Aug-17 16:57:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

All incoming calls have the hyphen.

I've looked through the instructions and what is mentioned about adding spaces only works for the name, the * key only produces the : symbol when pressed in the number section. Also the : symbol doesn't work when used as a space, I still get the hyphen.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Aug-17 17:06:50
Print Post

Caffn8me's me post later links to a thread on the Sky forum with a guy reporting exactly the same issue.....

except that they are on Sky and you are on TT ...........

Which would leave only one other piece of kit in common, the Openreach TAMS ties in the exchange.....

The Sky user fixed his by replacing his phone for a different brand.

Standard User pernickitypedant
(newbie) Tue 29-Aug-17 19:59:52
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

The seller of the item you linked to is 3 months overdue on their Companies House annual accounts. I would stay away!

My setup: Huawei HG612 VDSL2 modem. Linksys WRT1900ACS router. AAISP Home::1 80/20 150GB + copper pair on TTB (by request). Sync: 79987/20000 kbit/s, attainable ~91-94000/31-32000 kbit/s via ~180m of 1985 copper to ECI Cabinet 14, Milford Exchange (WMMFD)

BQM: IPv4 & IPv6

ISP Hx: Wanadoo ~2Mb (Orange takeover) > Freedom2Surf ~4Mb (TalkTalk takeover) > Virgin Media 10->30->50->70Mb (unnecessary second line as work reqd BT) > BT Inf 2 80Mb (04/17 rises, no retention offer) > Virgin Media 100Mb (awful pings) > AAISP 80Mb
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Aug-17 08:05:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Scroll to NAME and then using the Alpha numeric Dial keys enter the name. If you enter an incorrect character or Digit press the # button. To insert a space press the * button. Press the * button repeatedly for the following punctuation marks and characters: Space , . : ? ! " @ _ -

I'm guessing that only works when entering the name and not the number as most of those characters would be invalid for a telephone number.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Aug-17 09:56:03
Print Post

We have TalkTAlk phone line via Utility Warehouse and don't get hyphens on Caller ID.
4 cordless phones in the house. 2 Siemens and 2 Gigaset.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Wed 30-Aug-17 10:14:16
Print Post

The phone is designed for use with a KS416 system. Not direct to public telephone system
If you look at KS416 the set up appears to be xxx xxx xxxx for interface
May work as phone but, not all functions will work correctly

Edited by flippery (Wed 30-Aug-17 11:44:11)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Aug-17 16:28:32
Print Post

[re: pernickitypedant] [link to this post]

Sorry, I wasn't intending to advocate that specific sellers wares ...

It was just the first cheap stand alone caller display unit I came across.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to