Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 30-Aug-17 17:10:59
Print Post

Re: Caller ID

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Interesting. Googling that led me to this
You may find that some handests are not compatable with the TalkTalk service if you are on LLU
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Aug-17 18:58:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Interesting indeed BB ...... but the one Sarah linked to was on Sky.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 30-Aug-17 19:17:34
Print Post

Well Sky are LLU too...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Aug-17 19:47:19
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yep, 'cept different kit in the exchange .... unless it's made by the same folk {shrug}

That was why I'd pondered a TAMS issue, different LLU providers, but that part would be in common.

Standard User partial
(experienced) Wed 30-Aug-17 21:36:51
Print Post

LLU operators, like the mobile operators have 'exchanges' but not in the BT 'exchanges'.

Lest we forget that BT switching was based on thinking of a few decades ago and are already beyond their expected life.

I would expect that UK CLI had finer nuances added when BT rolled it out back in the day that the OLOs off the shelf global kit hasn't.

Edited by partial (Wed 30-Aug-17 21:38:19)

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Oct-17 23:15:01
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

I have an Orchid single line PABX - mainly as a means of boosting REN, however found when I fitted it that my main telephone, a 2-line Delta 700 - with one line connected to my VOIP adapter, the other via the Orchid PABX to our BT line, would not display the BT CLID, but the VOIP CLID was OK.

Apparently this problem was due to my Delta 700 requiring CLID to conform to the BT standard exactly - http://www.sinet.bt.com/sinet/SINs/pdf/227v3p7.pdf whereas some telephones can accept both the BT style CLID and other styles. The choice of CLID that I have with my VOIP adapter Cisco PAP2T is amazing.

I recently looked into REN boosters which do not affect CLID, this was easy when UK telephones were 3-wire, since REN boosters including the BT supplied one simply boosted the ringing capability on wire 3 the Orange with White Band wire. However now that telephones including BT supplied ones invariably just use 2 wires, 2 & 5 the BT REN Booster fails miserably. The only 2 wire REN boosters that I have so far located are from the USA. Again, similarly to the Orchid PABX the "better" one receives and then re-transmits to line the CLID info and since intended for the USA market, would fail to work on the BT system. The more basic one that is available works in a different manner and will according to their product engineer not interfere with CLID of any style. (Boosting REN without upsetting CLID is not rocket science, I designed a unit but declined to build it for use on our telephone line due to BT's obvious dislike of anything not type approved.)

Getting back to the OP's problem, it certainly sounds like a settings issue within Talk Talk.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC
DrayTek Vigor 2920Vn

Andrews & Arnold Data SIM
HUAWEI E5776
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to