Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Dec-17 14:24:57
Print Post

Re: Banded - What can I do?

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Now why would a ‘frames engineer’ (that’s a telephone exchange ‘jumper runner’) have anything to do with a VDSL issue ? They do not get involved with it as a product.

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 21-Dec-17 17:07:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Don't ask me, as I said I don't think it's right myself, I was told this some time ago on a forum. Don't shoot the messenger.

Edited by Ixel (Thu 21-Dec-17 17:07:45)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Dec-17 22:11:58
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Apologies - just a shot across the bows of the reteller of the messengers message. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ClaretMatt
(learned) Fri 22-Dec-17 06:12:45
Print Post

[re: miriam_idnet] [link to this post]

Miriam,

It's not that support has been lacking, on the contrary, the response has been quite good. I realise that BTOR have made this issue difficult for ISPs to deal with. I believe the solution lies in making a fuss with BTOR and good old fashioned persistence, rather than trying to address a fault which we all know isn't there. I simply reset my modem far too many times because I had troubles with the configuration as detailed in a previous thread, and now long resolved.

The issue I'm having with IDNet is that, put simply, I'm now getting the slowest speeds since I first had FTTC, yet paying the most for it than I've ever done. I realise BTOR is the irritant here, but ultimately my contract is with IDNet and the buck stops there.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to