Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User konrado5
(regular) Sun 05-Aug-18 16:23:33
Print Post

Re: My reasearch about Hlog and cenzorship on forum.kitz.co.

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
You posted a link to a pirate website which was removed and you were warned. You then posted it again. And that was just the latest oncident. You've caused a load of grief to the site admins and upset many of the other regular contributors to the Kite forums.

I cannot understand why you were not banned earlier!

I have understood wrongly what I can't do. I've thought that I can't post a pirate link to particular paper but I've thought that I can post a link to whole website enabling access to pirate documents.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Aug-18 23:50:16
Print Post

[re: konrado5] [link to this post]

An interesting interpretation of what happened!

A moderator removed a link from one of your posts and you then reposted the exact same link.

The link you posted was to a website that openly describes itself as a pirate website.

For others reading who do not frequent the Kitz forums see here https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22116.msg37...

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User konrado5
(regular) Mon 06-Aug-18 01:05:10
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

It is indeed that moderator removed link to pirate page and I have gave again link to pirate page. But at first time I gave link to particular document on pirate gateway. At second time I gave merely a link to whole pirate gateway. I believed giving link to whole pirate gateway for papers is not violating of forum rules.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User konrado5
(regular) Mon 06-Aug-18 01:07:02
Print Post

I've sent to forum.kitz.co.uk admin mail with apologies for: 1) putting forum user on pressure to respond for my posts and 2) posting links to pirate site. However I don't understand why my threads are locked. It is censorship. Uninterested persons can ignore my posts.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Aug-18 08:21:26
Print Post

The brief Kitz rules given in the Site Announcements board are very simple.

What part of
No links to pirate, illegal torrent or similar type sites which breach the DCMA for copyrighted material.
did you not understand?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Mon 06-Aug-18 14:19:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by konrado5:
I've sent to forum.kitz.co.uk admin mail with apologies for: 1) putting forum user on pressure to respond for my posts and 2) posting links to pirate site. However I don't understand why my threads are locked. It is censorship. Uninterested persons can ignore my posts.

Apart from people feeding the troll, what makes you think there is anyone here who has any interest? And if nearly everyone is uninterested, do you think that continued posting complaining about how badly you think you have been treated is going to garner any support for your position? Perhaps you are now deep enough into the hole that it would be sensible to stop digging.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Aug-18 11:06:32
Print Post

I've discussed about it on many threads on forum.kitz.co.uk. However moderators haven't allowed me to write about my ideas.

You have some rights to free speech under things like the European Convention on Human Rights. You do not have the right to exercise that right of free speech on Kitz. The moderators there can 'censor' you for any reason they see fit and have the absolute right to edit or delete your posts or account. It is a private website and all using it do so at the discretion of the site owner and, in turn, their appointed moderators.

If you disapprove of how they handle the site or don't get along with some 'regulars' simply don't post there. There's even the option to neither log in or even read the content on there. I have found that all of the above works just fine for me.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Tue 07-Aug-18 11:07:43)

Standard User konrado5
(regular) Tue 07-Aug-18 15:08:00
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I don't say moderators behaviour is illegal. I merely say it is not fair.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Aug-18 16:37:37
Print Post

I don't say moderators behaviour is illegal. I merely say it is not fair.

That's life.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Aug-18 17:34:11
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Would I be right in assuming that this thread has taken a similar course to those over on the other site?

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to