Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Feb-19 18:45:02
Print Post

Re: RJ11 cable issue

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

I went through an excersize of trying (and buying) various modem cables wrt sync speed and came to the conclusion from about 10 different cables including cat6, that a billion 7800 supplied flat cable was the best for my line. The difference was about a megabit.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Current Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Sun 03-Feb-19 13:14:03
Print Post

Re: RJ11 cable issue

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
I went through an excersize of trying (and buying) various modem cables wrt sync speed and came to the conclusion from about 10 different cables including cat6, that a billion 7800 supplied flat cable was the best for my line. The difference was about a megabit.

As you can see from the various tests I did, there was a difference of up to 10GB in download speed, although upload speed often went a touch higher but didn't have a great difference between the many cables I tried.

I am now back on the 3m cable that was supplied with the SmartHub. I have just managed to move the hub to the back of my desk where it will now remain. The reason I've moved it there, as it would not quite reach the shelf above, is to make use of the 4 Gigabit ports on the back. The previous router (brightbox2) only had one such port, the rest were only 100Mbps throughput and that slowed things down.

Todays synch speed is 9.35 Mbps / 65.36 Mbps and I'll stick with that. Seems silly losing up to 10GB download speed to move the hub a few feet but that's how it is and I've done as much as I can to try and resolve it without any luck.

EE Fibre Plus
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to