I am not sure I have ever seen anything sync at exactly 80Mbps despite being on top of the VDSL cabinet. Always seems to say 79Mbps for me in that scenario and I figure it's down to some overhead somewhere.
Mine's exacter now than on its previous sync;
. DS Channel1 DS Channel0 US Channel1 US Channel0
Speed (kbps): 0 80000 0 18286
SRA Previous Speed: 0 79999 0 17676
I simply took the existing MK1 Openreach socket and reinstalled it in the cupboard - a ten minute job. Router is now synced at 79Mbps (so close!)
The last version of the NTE5A and the NTE5C will probably give 1-2Mbps extra sync (maybe more) as the surge protector fitted to older master sockets adversely affects VDSL performance.
I had replaced several older NTE5A sockets with newer ones I might
have seen this effect every time
Edit: Just checked and the one which might
have been replaced recently showed a 5Mbps improvement in sync.
Edited by caffn8me (Tue 29-Jan-19 11:08:32)