General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Girlindespair
(newbie) Sat 12-Jun-10 16:48:51
Print Post

TITAN ADSL - Totally at a loss :( What on earth is going on?

[link to this post]

Are these guys even real? I feel like it's a scam?

I can NEVER get through on the phone line and they won't respond to any emails. It even got so bad I wrote a letter (accompanied with copies of my unanswered emails) to the place I'm supposed to pay my bill and another to a head office address I found on the 10th MAY and needless to say I've still not had a response.

They were quick to sign me up, back at the beginning of MARCH, and take my direct debit details. Quick to whip £76 out of my bank, which is on an invoice I received. The only bit of written communication I got. But just saying...Amount due...£76. I have no idea what it's for. My router is set up but not connecting and when I have asked for them to confirm if the internet connection had even been activated - No response.

I've been trying to contact them for 3 months now. I did get one apology email (about 2 lines long) at the end of april saying they were soooo sorry and would refund me but would call me to discuss it "tomorrow" But nothing materialised. Call or money.

I just want the account closed down and my money back. I haven't had broadband access now for 3 months. This has just been crazy!

What am I supposed to do? Has anyone else had problems like this? I only moved from virgin to Titan because of the AMAZING reviews I saw online. Really?!!

frown
Standard User john2007
(legend) Sat 12-Jun-10 16:57:34
Print Post

Re: TITAN ADSL - Totally at a loss :( What on earth is going

[re: Girlindespair] [link to this post]

Is this a monthly contract? If so request your MAC and move. If (as expected) you don't get your MAC within 5 working days complain to Ofcom.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jun-10 16:58:06
Print Post

Amazing reviews? You didn't look here then.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jun-10 17:01:16
Print Post

Maybe this linkwill help you
Titan Thread

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User uno
(committed) Sat 12-Jun-10 17:09:51
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Or if this is a Vispa-based line - contact Vispa, they should be able to help you.

I have a feeling this is Vispa due to what you mention about the DD.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Our current offers
(newbie) Sat 12-Jun-10 19:09:45
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I don't think it's Vispa (not exactly sure what that is.) As I mentioned, I never even got as much as a confirmation letter/email of what I'd signed up for, so tbh I don't know.

They mentioned getting me a MAC code along with my refund. (in that one brief email early May) Of course neither came.

What is a MAC code exactly? (I'm kind of clueless these days despite being a massive computer geek in my teens!)

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I figured that I would be able to go down some kind of legal type route (they certainly would) but I didn't know who or how or what to try.

Hmm, just realised they sent me an invoice at the end of April after I cancelled my DD to stop them stealing more money. They haven't invoiced again since. This is the strangest company I have ever dealt with in my life. And the most stressful.
Standard User uno
(committed) Sat 12-Jun-10 19:11:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Girlindespair:
What is a MAC code exactly? (I'm kind of clueless these days despite being a massive computer geek in my teens!)

It is a code that is passed between ISPs by you, so that migration can happen with little to no downtime. It is also often cheaper to do this instead of end service and start again.

Hmm, just realised they sent me an invoice at the end of April after I cancelled my DD to stop them stealing more money. They haven't invoiced again since. This is the strangest company I have ever dealt with in my life. And the most stressful.

Who's name is on the DD instruction?

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Our current offers
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Sat 12-Jun-10 19:20:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Girlindespair:
What is a MAC code exactly?
It's actually a Mac - Migration Authorisation Code, so another code at the end is superfluous smile.

I do my best at a full explanation on this page.Titan are well known here for being utterly hopeless at customer support and communication frown. Sounds like you might have read some planted rave reviews.

Make sure you post in Which Isp? here once you have the Mac, so we can help you avoid a similar mistake next time.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jun-10 20:08:10
Print Post

Link to Ofcom re MAC

Ofcom and MAC plus problems when switching ISPs

Alastair

omadasafisho
(newbie) Sat 12-Jun-10 20:57:06
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Thanks for all your help guys. I've written an ultimatum email threatening court action if they don't provide my MAC and refund me, so will let you know if I finally get a response. HOPEFULLY if it gets resolved I'll be sure to write as many appallling reviews everywhere that I can.

It was http://www.reviewcentre.com/products3067.html I used and when I signed up in March there were generally just rave reviews. I had just moved into a really weak broadband area and was advised by the previous owners that they couldn't get anything to work at much better than dial up, so after a lot of reviewTitan looked to be the best bet for speed.

You live and learn.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to