General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(learned) Sun 26-Sep-10 12:35:22
Print Post

TalkTalk on Watchdog

[link to this post]

Forum might be interested to note that Watchdog trailed an investigation into TalkTalk for this Thursday's programme.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Sep-10 17:24:40
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk on Watchdog

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I have been expecting this for a while , do you know what its about , Line slamming or there lying sales people ?.
Which seem to be the two most serious posted about problems .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User Malwaremike
(regular) Mon 27-Sep-10 17:34:48
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I don't know what it's about WWB but I think we both have a fair idea!

Anne Robinson trailed it at the end of last week's programme. Not to say that they'll run it this week. Perhaps they haven't had that many complaints about TT ... or perhaps they have.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kinnaird16
(newbie) Mon 04-Oct-10 01:12:11
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

According to Watchdog there are many Hundreds of complaints made against TalkTalk, they are also being investigated by Ofcom
Standard User Johnct
(member) Mon 04-Oct-10 01:22:56
Print Post

[re: kinnaird16] [link to this post]

and watchdog said that talktalk has £20million to spend on sponsering the x factor
why not help the customers instead !!!
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Mon 04-Oct-10 02:01:10
Print Post

[re: Johnct] [link to this post]

Their thinking will be that it's pointless to spend money on existing customers. Said outlay won't generate anymore income, so they outlay it on advertising, and generate even more income.

It seems to be a service company thing (Electricty, Gas, Broadband, Phones) that for some reason the business model of gaining 10 customers and losing nine is best. What they don't appreciate is that said nine will never come back, and of the ten gained, nine will leave. It's a quick buck but it will eventually fail. Said nine customers will tell others about their bad experiences. Happy customers will generally say little, and occasionally recommend, but not to the extent that dissatisfied customers will tell people to avoid them.

Years ago, I was told that fifteen sales will generate one sale, but one unhappy customer will tell fifteen people about their bad experience (or something along those lines).

Maybe they should re-invent themselves. Get the guy from Cillet Bang, and with louder advertising, they can be Shout Shout. wink

Edited by camieabz (Mon 04-Oct-10 13:57:59)

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Oct-10 08:45:36
Print Post

[re: kinnaird16] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kinnaird16:
According to Watchdog there are many Hundreds of complaints made against TalkTalk, they are also being investigated by Ofcom

Not the 1st time they have been on and I guess not the last.... Yet people still signup by their hundreds a day....
They also have thousands of happy customers. That tell you anything.

Not defending them, and would not touch them with a barge pole.

Watchdog a toothless old grannie of a counsumer program... Its only cheap TV and nothing else.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Heven \_0-0_/