General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alokrathore
(newbie) Fri 24-Dec-10 10:08:20
Print Post

Virgin Media Woes

[link to this post]

I am absolutely disappointed with Virgin Media services. I have just moved my connection from Birmingham to London.

1. First, I was told that even though I have been at my old adress for 6 months with them, i will be bound in another 12 months contract for the new address!!!! Something the person who sold the connection to me initially had forgotten to mention and it was 'MY MISTAKE' since I did not read the fine print of the contract..... and i had no choice but to say.... OK!

2. Told them on December 2 about the move and fixed a date of DEc 18 for their engineers to come and fix the connection

3. Dec 18, I get a call that they can come and will call back with a new date.... i said OK , yet again

4. No calls from them.... finally, since obviously, its my headache and not theirs, I am already 'BOUND' to them as a customer, I called them and a new date was given..... DEC 29!!!!!!! So entire holiday season no connection with the world!!! ..... I still said OK!

5. I go their website and see a better broadband deal being promoted and that was it..... I lost my cool and called them. My logic, Virgin is treating me like a new customer with a new contract, but still i dont have the flexibility of changing on to a better deal, and I still will have to wait through the holiday period to get the connection!!!!

Wow... and I have been transferred from one department to another, have been abruptly disconnected by VERY VERY busy Virgin Media managers, who said that I can discontinue, if I want....!!!

The best part... I get a call today morning from MOve and Transfer department, who connect me to Customer service department, who transfer me to Virgin National Team and eventually, he says that I have to speak to Move Team again..... 360 DEGREES!!!

The punch line..."Our move team is only going to be available on Monday as they are closed from today"...... what a strange thing... considering that I just got a call from them......!

Eventually, I refuse to say OK, even though I am asked the same irritating repeated question 'Is there anything else that I can help you with"!!!

My answer...." werent you listening till now!"
Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Dec-10 13:58:07
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Woes

[re: alokrathore] [link to this post]

Ring cancellations - the best trained staff are there, for some reason. They should be able to sort it out.

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Jan-11 10:20:52
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Woes

[re: alokrathore] [link to this post]

Snow issues and repairs to existing lines will take precedent at Christmas times.
Christmas meant a long gap in lots of services this year, which explains the long delays.

VM customer service has always had something of a hit or miss reputation. With regards the contract, it is always worth explicitly asking about terms, and if you are someone who moves a lot then even more so.

On the promotion, this is the same with all retail products, i.e. a new better deal may appear, but if you have signed on the dotted line, then you agreed to a deal when you signed. Millions will be feeling bad, after seeing stuff they bought before Christmas now being on offer for half price.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to