General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrish16
(learned) Fri 14-Jan-11 10:37:33
Print Post

Vivaciti won't take payment!!

[link to this post]

Hi All

I'm with Vivaciti, been with them for a couple of years now i think, i recently moved to their Opal LLU offering, which is a great service, but Vivaciti's customer service has disappeared somewhere. They simply won't take payment from me.

It started when i got my first invoice which came from Opal broadband asking for £50, from when i migrated services, i was also paying the regular Vivaciti original fe from the previous service. Vivaciti said that shouldn't have been and refunded eventually the money i had paid, thing is i cancelled the direct debit when this kicked off as i didn't want to be charged that £50 before receiving the refund.
I have now had that money credited to what i owed as they eventually after 2.5 months asked me for the money after i pestered them, in which i owed them 2.5 months of fees, they have eventually agreed for me to pay £17 extra a month for 3 months to pay this off.
I am now trying to reset my direct debit up but they say because i cancelled it i need to get the bank to reauthorise it, which i have asked and the bank said Vivaciti cancelled it so they can't do anything, they tried to reset it up but couldn't. I've told Vivaciti this and they haven't got back in touch. I even tried to make a manual payment for January but can't unless they generate an invoice in my account space. So we back to square one really, me owing them money but they won't take it, then i will end up owing them loads of money again.
What can i do?

Edited by chrish16 (Fri 14-Jan-11 10:48:46)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 14-Jan-11 10:56:40
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti won't take payment!! *DELETED*

[re: chrish16] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jan-11 16:20:13
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti won't take payment!!

Hi,
I am sorry you feel this has been done incorrectly, there was a delay getting the account sorted out, but from our records you were told there would be a problem if you cancelled your direct debit, but you cancelled this anyway.
Once you cancel a direct debit from your bank you remove the authority and we can not just set up a new direct debit as you bank will not accept it, otherwise you would cancel a direct debit as you don't owe money but then the company would just set it up again. You bank is talking rubbish I am afraid, we did not cancel the direct debit, you did! all you needed to do was speak with your bank and remove the block, and then we can set up a new direct debit. If we set up a new direct debit and the payment fails and the direct debit is returned to us as a bounce then this will generate a fee and we don't want that.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrblobby
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jan-11 17:30:03
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Banks would only put a DD block in place if the customer asks for it.

Ian
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jan-11 18:27:08
Print Post

Canceling a direct debit is the worst thing you could of done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Standard User chrish16
(learned) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:12:42
Print Post

[re: krazykizza] [link to this post]

loads of people cancel direct debits.
should u be really discussing personal matter on a forum when ur acting as the company.
Least i've had a reply, because i get no answer through your website most times.
Other companies reset direct debits up straight away.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:17:46
Print Post

?
What makes you think krazykizza has anything to do with vivaciti?

What personal matter? You raised the subject in public.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User chrish16
(learned) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:29:40
Print Post

I mean using information about the case.

Yes they cant set a direct debit up without customer authorisation, but if u ask a company to set it back up they do

Ok i'll wait until response through official channels, i was only seeking advice
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:30:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrish16:
loads of people cancel direct debits.
Yes, but it is not always advisable or wise when you still owe, or be owed, something to/from the company or, as you are, still in contract with the company. Causes all sorts of problems, as you can see.

Anyway, I would have thought is all you have to do is issue another Direct Debit Mandate in favour of your ISP and instruct your bank you are doing so.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jan-11 08:53:20
Print Post

Vivaciti haven't told us anything about your case that we didn't already know from your opening post - if you didn't want us knowing then you shouldn't have told us.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to