General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Torquemada
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 23:45:16
Print Post

Murphx and isp-payments.co.uk are thieves

[link to this post]

I used to have broadband with Murphx, but have cancelled this, as I have moved house.

Despite them sending me an email that this was cancelled in October, they have continued to take money from my credit card every month.

I have sent them emails and letters but they all go unanswered. I've tried ringing them as well, but after going through the options screen, the phone goes dead. Clearly, customer service is not a priority with this company.

I know I can go though my credit card provider, and hopefully get my money back, and I will also be making a complaint to the relevant body, but I also wanted to warn people about this company, from some other posts I've read, I don't think this is an isolated occurrence.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 03-Feb-11 23:59:46
Print Post

Re: Murphx and isp-payments.co.uk are thieves

[re: Torquemada] [link to this post]

Directly with Murphx, or through a reseller?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Torquemada
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 00:02:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was with them directly, I was an old Hi-Velocity customer, and migrated across to Murphx direct when they went down.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john2007
(legend) Fri 04-Feb-11 09:50:03
Print Post

Assuming you have paid all monies due to the contract you signed.

E-mail them and explicitly cancel the credit card authority (briefly explaining why, attach any evidence). C.c. the e-mail to the complaints department of the card issuing bank.

I have a vague memory that there is a time-limit to chargebacks (i.e. perhaps 6 months), although that memory could well be wrong.
Standard User AnthonyCST
(newbie) Wed 11-May-11 00:42:14
Print Post

Hi Torquemada,
murphx was the whole sale provider of the service all along, its only after many many months of not having the invoices paid did murphx decide that realistically they could no longer pay their suppliers for services that no one was paying them for.

murphx didn't cease the service & leave the end-users high & dry waiting for their cease to complete before being able to place orders with a new provider resulting in the associated down time & additional costs,
murphx putting the end-users 1st at great expense to themselves made the offer to the end-users to pay murphx directly so the EU had as little distress as possible in this difficult time.

murphx did not charge the EU any historic money owed to them & we're talking a very substantial amount here....
You have to understand murphx is a wholesale connectivity provider & solely deal with re-sellers that understand the processes to resolving such issues some EU regrettably experienced in this situation.

The end-users that were taken on have their service history on a modern system which normally invoices re-sellers & as they had no re-seller they had to have their billing/payments on an historic card payment system that can not be integrated with each other, hence why there is the odd problem with agreements at times (this does not make murphx thief's) everything has to be done manually which takes up a lot of resources & on going costs to murphx which they do not pass on too the EU....

murphx was at a loss with these services before they took them over & still provide the service at continued expense to themselves.....I know there have been some technical issues with systems automatically updating on these very few in-between customers... Yes some customers are rightfully frustrated & angry with the seemingly lack of movement with their issues but look at the facts unemotionally....put all the facts together & really are these truly the acts of thief's...... I think not.

Should any end-users need any assistance in dealing with ceased/migrated services still being billed for they should email the details to customerserviceteam@daisywholesale.com
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Thu 12-May-11 10:50:32
Print Post

[re: AnthonyCST] [link to this post]

I think this a is poor explanation and no excuse for wrongfully charging customer's credit cards when their accounts have been clearly canceled according to the T&C.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-May-11 16:15:20
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JNeuhoff:
I think this a is poor explanation and no excuse for wrongfully charging customer's credit cards when their accounts have been clearly canceled according to the T&C.
On the contrary, it's quite a good explanation of what has happened. But as you say, that is no excuse, especially as the poster seems to be claiming to be a Daisy employee directly involved in these matters.

It simply should not have happened.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Torquemada
(newbie) Thu 12-May-11 23:58:27
Print Post

[re: AnthonyCST] [link to this post]

AntonyCST - Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing you work for Murphx, or DaisyWholeSale as they are now.

Firstly, thank you for letting me know about that email address. I have now emailed them, and got my payments since the cease refunded, which I'm obviously pleased about.

I also noticed when logging back into this site that someone from Murphx did send me a private message in February regarding this issue, but for some reason I never got an email, so I didn't know I had this.

Given the fact that I every time I got an invoice back from isp-payments I was replying back saying the service was cancelled, and I had sent a letter in the post, and when I tried to ring you the phone went dead, I think my "thieves" comment is understandable, although I appreciate you will have a different view as you work for them.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 16-May-11 21:15:33
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by john2007:
I have a vague memory that there is a time-limit to chargebacks (i.e. perhaps 6 months), although that memory could well be wrong.

Right and wrong......

120 days is the max, on visa. Not sure on mastercard, but would expect the same.

Op needs to get card provider on case straight away to c/b what they can. They won't need witten evidence, just the date it was cancelled. Just tell the call center you want to speak to the disputes dept smile

Pointless sending to complaints dept of the bank, needs to go to the disputes dept smile

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Heven \_0-0_/