General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User magicsnaps
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-11 10:32:54
Print Post

Plusnet behaved deceptively & now show total arrogance.

[link to this post]

I raised this ticket a few days ago with Plusnet after seeing a reference to paying for extra bandwidth in 5GB increments on my new tariff for the first time AFTER I had fully investigated all the information AVAILABLE BEFORE changing tariffs. (I am having wi-fi issues, but let's keep it simple, shall we.) See if you think wanting to be put back on my old tariff is unreasonable, thank you. I especially like the proud boast "We won't be beat on price".

BEGINS:

[Support Wizard Journey]
[I have a question about We won't be beat on price]
[We won't be beat on price]

[Additional Information]
I am in a state of shock & dismay. I have just changed my plan from 15gb to 10 gb broadband usage to save money as I have noted that we have been using on average about 12gb per month. I assumed that extra usage would be charged at £1 per gb as on my old tariff so that it made sense to only pay for 12gb. I have just discovered that on the 10gb tariff, I will be charged for a minimum of £5/5gb more if I exceed the limit. Is this correct? If so I will have to rethink my account completely. To add insult to injury, I have had to raise a ticket concerning the new router as it is proving impossible to set-up correctly. All in all I am one unhappy customer and feel deceived at present.

ENDS

To which this was Plusnet's "take it or leave it" arrogant reply:

BEGINS

Dear Mr Davies,
Thank you for your query.

The charge for additional usage is £5.00 per 5GB that you exceed. I apologise if this was not explained before you changed your package.

Please can you advise what issues you are having with the router as we may be able to advise how to iron out the problems.

You may wish to speak to our customer options team who may be able to offer you a package with additional usage. These are available Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 5:30 on 0845 140 6002.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Lisa Cawthorne

ENDS

To which I replied:

BEGINS

If the tariff that I have switched to has no smaller increment than £5/5MB for additional usage, then I wish to be returned to my previous tariff with £1/1MB incremental charges. Will you be able to arrange that or do I have to deal with a different department?

As to the problems with the router, I suspect it is a firewall issue but I have been unable to resolve it. I wish to control my Epson Stylus Photo PX800FW wi-fi enabled printer either from a USB connected Mac or from my wi-fi Mac. Since I installed the Thomson Gateway, I cannot proceed at best beyond "Printer Offline" error messages via the wi-fi Mac. The printer shows a full wi-fi signal. I think I have tried every avenue of connection. The Gateway system log shows (obviously) numerous entries:" LOGIN wireless station (00:19:f5:80:08:4f) cant get authorised", but I can't work out which device this is and therefore how to authorise it. Any thoughts?

ENDS

Plusnet then replied:

BEGINS

Robert Newark - CSC Analyst
4:06pm, Monday 14 Mar 2011
Dear Mr Davies,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your query, unfortunately we are unable to put you back on to your previous package as it is no longer available, all I could advise you is to make use of the internet during the uncapped times of 12am to 8am or upgrade to our Extra broadband package with a 60GB usage allowance.

In regard to your technical issues please give us a call on 0845 140 0200 and follow the correct route towards technical support so we can go through diagnostics over the phone.

For help or further information, please get in touch on 0845 140 0200

Kind regards,

Robert Newark

ENDS

Am I being unreasonable? Robert Newark at Plusnet seem to think the answer is to stay up till midnight and work through until 8am. Doh! Why didn't I think of that? Incidentally the suggestion I 'upgrade' to 60GB is a honey! In this area we only get Plusnet's slower connection. In the areas which get their superior speeds it costs 11.49 per month but here the inferior service costs 17.99 per month. Bargain of the decade!

Well, if you have stayed with me to this point, I do thank you sincerely & look forward to any thoughts or comments.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Mar-11 10:49:42
Print Post

Re: Plusnet behaved deceptively & now show total arrogance.

[re: magicsnaps] [link to this post]

There have been a lot of comments regarding the £5 for 5Gb charge for exceeding monthly allowance - I've not seen anyone who's been happy with this change.

I'm on Value, with 10Gb allowance, and have set Manage My Usage so that maximum extra monthly spend is £0 to avoid any possibility of paying for extra usage.

I'm normally well within my allowance but would rather have a slower connection should I exceed 10Gb.

plusnet usergroup member cool
Standard User john2007
(legend) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:04:59
Print Post

If you are sure of your facts (contract changed after you signed up) get legal advice from a Citizens Advice Bureau or a law firm.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User magicsnaps
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:10:33
Print Post

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

Thank you for your prompt reply. I simply wish to have my old tariff reinstated. It cannot be 'unavailable' a few days after it was running indefinitely for me. Plusnet is just being [censored]-minded, if it takes that attitude.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:13:11
Print Post

If it's literally only a few days check to see if the Distance Selling Regs apply. If you want to go back to your earlier tariff you really need proper legal advice.
Standard User magicsnaps
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:14:58
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

I am prepared to do whatever it takes to be treated reasonably by Plusnet. My point is that despite carefully researching changing tariff to save money, I never saw any mention that additional usage would not be charged in 1GB increments as I was accustomed to being charged. Clearly I would not have moved to a tariff with such a penalty clause for exceeding the 10Gb limit.
Standard User magicsnaps
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:16:06
Print Post

Thanks for the input, I think my last post applies!
Standard User john2007
(legend) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:18:41
Print Post

If they concealed this T&C they have behaved atrociously and should reinstate your previous tariff. As they seem to have refused I don't know what else you can do apart from appeal their refusal and get proper advice.
Standard User magicsnaps
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-11 11:21:17
Print Post

As you can probably tell I have been astonished by Plusnet's total indifference and I intend to get justice however long it takes.
Standard User cajef
(experienced) Wed 16-Mar-11 12:10:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by magicsnaps:
I raised this ticket a few days ago with Plusnet after seeing a reference to paying for extra bandwidth in 5GB increments on my new tariff for the first time AFTER I had fully investigated all the information AVAILABLE BEFORE changing tariffs.

Not a very thorough investigation, if you had investigated it fully you would have found the information was there

https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/r...

PlusNet ADSL2+
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Edited by cajef (Wed 16-Mar-11 12:11:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to