General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User deviate
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:22:45
Print Post

Talk Talk

[link to this post]

After waiting almost 3/4 hour to the Talk Talk (non Talk) Music i finally got through to customer services. This was the last straw and i asked for my Mac Code which i was informed would be sent to my email within 5 days. Haa i should have known better this phone conversation took place on Monday 14/3/2001. It is now Monday night 21/3/2001 and still nothing has arrived. I have just managed to send an email off to them from their main site after another long wait for their site to load properly. So fingers crossed that sometime perhaps even before next Month arrives Talk Talk will finally talk to me and give me my Mac Code.
Please do not fall for the latest so called best offer bband from Talk Talk.
What shouild my next step be if i don't hear from them do you think ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:26:19
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk

[re: deviate] [link to this post]

Re the MAC not being sent, OfCom have a complaints form you can fill in. The MAC is supposed to be supplied within five working days of the request.

(Decent ISPs manage it within five hours, and the best under 30 minutes).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User deviate
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:32:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for the info and the links RobertoS. This is the first time i have ever requested a Mac i thought perhaps it was just an estimate the 5 working days. So if decent ISP's manage to send Mac codes within 5 hours, what would you call Talk Talk now it has taken over 6 working days... smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:44:59
Print Post

At the moment I can't find the place to make a direct complaint, but the MAC Code of Practice is this page.

Well down there, (A1.21), it says you have initially to follow the ISP's own complaints procedure if they refuse or fail. That's not what I just told you, sorry frown. I'm sure recently there was a place on the OfCom site for raisomg it directly - maybe it got used too much.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:45:52
Print Post

I'm not sure you need a MAC if you are doing a return to donor. I may be mistaken though if you aren't on TT LLU.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:46:33
Print Post

Well one of the companies that was bought by talktalk tiscali took over 14 days to give me a MAC which was nothing unusual for them,i only got my mac after phoning ofcom they e-mailed tiscali's MD who was ringing me later that day, got my mac the next day,
unlike my prevoius isp ukonline, who gave me my mac code upon requesting it on the phone, & also sent to my ukonline e-mail address within 10mins of putting the phone down, the reason any isp who fails to provide the said mac code within the 5 working days time frame is because ofcom is all bark and no bite, as non so far have ever been fined 10% of their annual turnover that ofcom can impose , infact to my knowledge ofcom so far as failed to take action

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:51:35
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Good point, (which I'd forgotten), but from an earlier thread I just found because of you raising this I found he is on Millom exchange. No LLU at all.

Standard User deviate
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:52:34
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Ahh no i'm not on LLU kamelion. Nothing like that at my exchange, i intend to switch to the post office and their online form wants a Mac Code
Standard User deviate
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 20:57:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

thank you all for your suggestions and help. I see tommy45 had similar problems. At least i know my next step now. I will give them a few days to see if they answer my email, if they don't then i will contact ofcom.
Standard User Brabazabba
(newbie) Tue 22-Mar-11 15:06:21
Print Post

I requested my MAC from TalkTalk on 9th March and as of yesterday (21st) it still hadn't reached me. I followed it up and got an email this morning purporting to be from a Steve Rescola, Customer Services Director, which supposedly contained my MAC - except that there was no MAC in the email. I say 'purporting' to be from Steve Rescola, because in the email 'customer' was spelled 'customber' - what kind of customer service can't actually spell 'customer'...?

I'm getting increasingly irritated with this lot. The sooner I can cut loose from them the better... frown

(I posted this on another thread, but seemed apt to reply here too...)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to