General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RichieR
(newbie) Thu 07-Apr-11 18:31:36
Print Post

Nildram > Opal > TalkTalk Business

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Somehow I've ended up on a TalkTalk Business phone line and broadband plan, due to Nildram and then Opal being swallowed up. I had no problems at all with Nildram for years, but since the Opal takeover and especially since arriving with TalkTalk, things have changed for the worse,with speed dropping to almost dial-up at times. When Opal persuaded me to combine the phone line with the broadband, there was talk of the new business tariff connection being faster with proritised contention, but it has been the opposite, with speed dipping at peak times and virtually stopping overnight. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Cheers,

Rich
Standard User Sigma2
(newbie) Mon 11-Apr-11 11:43:41
Print Post

Re: Nildram > Opal > TalkTalk Business

[re: RichieR] [link to this post]

Hi I have the same issue with Talktalk Business , I was with F2S (Freedom 2 Surf) for 4 years and only had nothing but fantastic service.

Since day one of my migration to Talktalk business i have had daily connection issues. The connection slows to a point where its drops off and will not reconnect for up to 3 or 4 hours. Talk talk business support keep insisting it is an issue with the wires at my home/office. I have had BT come and check the line and they confirm that there is nothing wrong with the cabling.

For an advertised up to 24meg line i am getting 5.3 max download and 0.3 upload when it is working! This issue has been ongoing since 15th March and still has not been resolved. Talktalk customer support keep insisting i speak to thier technical who want to keep "having a go"

I am really glad that i now realise that it not only me that is suffering form this dreadfull and pathetic service. Any advice on the best way to take talktalk to court so that i can get compensation and have them pay for my renstatment to BT would be greatfully recieved,

Thanks

David
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Apr-11 12:39:27
Print Post

[re: Sigma2] [link to this post]

5.3 is about average or slightly above average so on what basis would you be seeking compensation?

In short what did the contract promise you?

Who arranged the BT visit? BT's definition of what might be wrong with the cabling is very subjective, as they will often consider any DSL signal as being perfectly ok.

You need to first establish whether the issues are line based, or contention based. Phone lines can change over time.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sigma2
(newbie) Mon 11-Apr-11 13:30:10
Print Post

Re: Nildram > Opal > TalkTalk Business *DELETED*

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Sigma2
Standard User Sigma2
(newbie) Mon 11-Apr-11 13:34:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron

I am seeking compensation for not having a promised 24Hour Internet service. I am experencing internet down time of from 20mins to 3 hours every day . As stated before, the connections slows from its 5.3 to 0 and then wont reconnect for up to 3 or 4 hours.

Talktalk Business arranged the BT openreach visit and the system was given a clean bill of health. Please remember that I had NO connection or speed issues when I was with BT as my line provider and F2S as my ISP. The connection issues started immediatley after I was migrated to Talktalk business.

This issue has been going on now for just under a month and i am fed up of having to call Talktalk business tech support and getting no where. All I ultimatley want is to have a reliable ISP and Talktalk business have not provided anything close to a reliable service.

Regards

David
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Apr-11 15:23:13
Print Post

What were your connection speeds with F2S and BT?

If Opal is running the line on ADSL2+ where as the others were not then it may be that some wiring effects are coming into play.

I doubt they promised a 24 internet service, if they promised 100% uptime it was a blantant lie.

Was the no connection visible when the Openreach person visited? Or were speeds ok during that time frame?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative IanWillmore
(isp) Tue 12-Apr-11 14:16:41
Print Post

To RichieR and Sigma2, if you'd both like to PM me your details I will have someone look into your cases and see if we can assist.

Thanks
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to