General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pandersonfriern
(newbie) Wed 01-Jun-11 12:45:18
Print Post

Plusnet problems - 13 days disconnect

[link to this post]

Having had a nightmare with Talk Talk (formerly Tiscali) I transferred to the friendly folks at Plusnet. Friendly on the phone but ineffective in their dealings with BT . I have had intermittent disconnection (aprox once an hour) since inception... Plusnet sent round 3 engineers in total, and on one booking the engineer didnt even turn up ...many apologies from Plusnet on BTs behalf).
BT , in their complete incompetence decided to cut the internet off completely 13 days ago and can't work out how to re-connect at Shoreditch exchange. Plusnet tell me broadband is unreliable technology and there are no SLAs between ISPs and BT. Is this right?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jun-11 13:04:47
Print Post

Re: Plusnet problems - 13 days disconnect

[re: pandersonfriern] [link to this post]

There are no SLAs because the price you pay is nowhere near enough to support an SLA. Plusnet may well offer a part refund or similar once it is fixed but they aren't even obliged to do that.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Jun-11 14:22:52
Print Post

Have you tried posting here and asking for help?

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Jun-11 15:21:45
Print Post

Samknows taunton exchange seems to be the actual exchange that you maybe connected to, but it is possible that you maybe connected to one of the 2 other exchanges in that area,
where you on talk talk LLU ?
You do have sky and c &w llu providers in that exchange and a scheduled fttc roll out date in Dec12
Well if the ain't providing you with a service then they can't be expecting paying, infact i would think it very necky of em to even charge you , as indirectly it's plusnet who have failed you ,as openreach won't speak to you, as you are not their customer,plusnet is, if they are unable to deal with it maybe time to leave them, imo any contract should be null &void as they are unable to provide you a service

ISP Representative mkelly
(isp) Wed 01-Jun-11 20:49:39
Print Post

Really sorry to hear that you've had these problems.

Can you post up a ticket ID ( if you havent already had this addressed in our own forums) and we'll take a look at whats going on.

Mark

Best Regards

Mark Kelly
Business Services Manager
PlusNet PLC
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jun-11 22:38:20
Print Post

[re: mkelly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mkelly:
Really sorry to hear that you've had these problems.

Can you post up a ticket ID ( if you havent already had this addressed in our own forums) and we'll take a look at whats going on.

Mark

I flagged it up for the OP here and although read on the Community B and R forum by a Staff member it obviously wasn't addressed, until now by yourself on this forum

Alastair

omadasafisho live BQM graph
ISP Representative mkelly
(isp) Thu 02-Jun-11 08:05:37
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Thanks Alastair.

I'll get one of the Comms team to pick it up.

Mark

<spelling>

Best Regards

Mark Kelly
Business Services Manager
PlusNet PLC

Edited by mkelly (Thu 02-Jun-11 08:06:17)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 02-Jun-11 10:46:23
Print Post

[re: mkelly] [link to this post]

Cheers for the heads up guys, sorry we missed this one.

@pandersonfriern, any chance you can post a ticket ID or PM one of us a username so we can take a look at your account and see what we can do please?

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
  Print Thread

Jump to