General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xandrasong
(newbie) Thu 02-Jun-11 08:16:13
Print Post

PLUSNET PPP SERVER CONNECTION FAILING REPEATEDLY

[link to this post]

This is now the second time in 2 months that my connection has started to disconnect every so often. I have had no connection for 12 hours now and can only wait for it to connect again. (Meanwhile using a mobile broadband dongle.)

My router diagnostics say "PPP server connection: FAIL"

I am tired of the intermittent service I am getting. Last time this started happening they told me to wait until the line "stabilised" and this is what I have been told again now. But why would it go ustable after weeks of normal operation? Nothing in my house has changed.

One support email even suggested that switching my router off may have caused it....... I don't think so.

I am in Northern Ireland. Is anyone else having a plusnet problem here?

xandrasong
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Jun-11 09:10:18
Print Post

Re: PLUSNET PPP SERVER CONNECTION FAILING REPEATEDLY

[re: xandrasong] [link to this post]

If it is line problems you should be seeing DSL resyncs, e.g. line sync speeds varying and noise margins wandering around.

If the DSL signal stays constant then it is NOT your phone line but something in the networks be it BT Wholesale or Plusnet

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 02-Jun-11 10:55:09
Print Post

Hi xandrasong,

Sorry to hear that, do you have a ticket ID we could look into for you? Failing that, if you could drop me a PM with your username I'll happily investigate.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-11 19:56:00
Print Post

There wer problems in the Sheffield area today at 10.00 but BT now reporting all cleared. Plus Net is in Sheffield so could be some connection.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-11 20:04:06
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

Plusnet's gateways are in London so there is absolutely no connection with the problems in Sheffield.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
  Print Thread

Jump to