General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheTrainDriver
(newbie) Fri 17-Jun-11 19:12:15
Print Post

Problem with second line installation

[link to this post]

Hello,

Sorry for the query on my first post, I am getting very frustrated with this problem!

I have a TalkTalk (formerly Tiscali) line in my house already that supplies phone and LLU broadband. Due to the relatively low speeds and my need to always have a working broadband connection I decided to take advantage of Sky's subsidised broadband (I have their TV) and have a second line installed with their phone and LLU broadband on it.

Sky processed the order as a new line order which was all fine and I emphasised that I did not want it to interfere with the TalkTalk connection and they assured me it would be fine.

Fast forward to the Openreach engineer visit and there's a no-show. When I enquire with Sky they tell me that Openreach cancelled the order as TalkTalk have declined my request for a second line with no reason given.

Sky have no explanation for this and dutifully refund my installation charges as they say there is nothing they can do. Openreach won't comment further and TalkTalk Technical Support and Customer Service have no idea what i'm talking about.

Can anyone advise me on how to proceed with this as I'm sure that TalkTalk can't just say no as it's nothing to do with them but no-one else seems to know or care. The TalkTalk services are even in a different name to the Sky order to further complicate it!

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue,

TheTrainDriver
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-Jun-11 21:30:53
Print Post

Re: Problem with second line installation

[re: TheTrainDriver] [link to this post]

Re-order with sky. This time do not mention talktalk.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to