General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 13:10:24
Print Post

cancellation fee Vivaciti MurphX LLU

[link to this post]

i like nearly everybody else , am really feeling the pinch , with regards money .

So i needed to save some money and there is no better way of saving money than moving my phone and broadband to TalkTalk .
I know there are plenty that hate TalkTalk but i already had a line with them and know allot of what some people think simply is not accurate any more , so i took the half price for 12 months deal .

But on leaving my present provider Vivaciti MurphX LLU product ( which runs on TalkTalk tails ) i received a cancellation fee of £ 35.08 , which im informed BT charge the ISP for cancelling the service .

I already paid a connection fee so i would not be tied into a 12 month contract but find it strange BT charge a cancellation fee for a service that does not even run on there equipment .

Obviously im very unhappy about being charged the fee and to make matter worse i was charged for this months service when i left them on the 16th of July .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Edited by woweebert (Tue 05-Jul-11 13:54:41)

Standard User john2007
(legend) Tue 05-Jul-11 14:09:15
Print Post

Re: cancellation fee Vivaciti MurphX LLU

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Most people migrate I guess. The charge has existed for quite a few years (although the amount has varied).
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 15:29:20
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

The migration process is only needed when moving about between SMPF and resold BT products , i have gone full MPF and the MAC cant be used and does not need to be used in my case .

And define most people , whilst keeping in mind the two biggest LLU providers now do MPF lines almost exclusively for new customers .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bioraptor
(learned) Tue 05-Jul-11 16:44:35
Print Post

I had a similar story when I was with the Post Office as my ISP.(Although the Post Office rent the lines off BT)
I out lived my 12 month contract and moved to another ISP.
A few days later I was billed 149 pounds for breach of contract?.
To save a lot of typing and explaining I was shafted by the Post Office.
I think it stinks that ISP exploit us in any way they can.......

Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 17:05:26
Print Post

Did you request a MAC and give the Months notice, or did you just place the order with Talk Talk and they told you they would take care of everything?
If you requested the MAC then the cease might be appealed, but getting charged for the month does sound like you did not give notice and you was charged the notice period.
If you let me know your ticket number I can get someone to look up your account to check everything is correct.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 19:13:52
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

There is no where to enter a MAC on a TalkTalk order so i viewed it as not necessary ? as its a MPF connection and operates out side the MAC system

But im still £59.99 worse off for leaving you and i personally feel that is excessive charging and that's after paying a £40 connection fee ,

What it is , it is , but obviously its important to let other perspective customer know about this , as i view it as unreasonable .

I have had migrations go through in less than 5 days before , how does this work with giving 30 days notice ?

Edit: also i do not understand why i have been charged a BT ADSL cease charge , when i was not even connected to there equipment at the exchange , i need clarification as the sums mentioned are very large for me in a present financial situation .

Edited by woweebert (Tue 05-Jul-11 19:31:35)

Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 19:25:23
Print Post

In our terms and conditions it states that you need to give us 30 days notice to leave our service, you will find this is the same with most providers.
When the correct MAC process has been used then the cease fee can be argued with the carries (and nearly always won) but what happens with most full MPF is they place a cease on the phone line (to migrate that to them) and this causes a cease on the ADSL that is charged.
But what you have done is to move to another provider without given us any notice at all.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 19:36:04
Print Post

Obviously im not happy as im posting on the ISP unhappiness forum and as the edit above i don't understand how a BT cease charge can be applied to a LLU connection and as said every migration i have ever done has gone through in less than 30 days .

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 20:11:21
Print Post

just a quick recap , so any body leaving for a MPF service from TalkTalk or Sky will be charged the remainder of the month they leave in (14 days ) and a extra month and a cease charge .... Really ?

And all that and im still on the same equipment at the exchange , as i was on when i was with yourselves .

Standard User john2007
(legend) Tue 05-Jul-11 20:34:37
Print Post

I thought vivaciti made it quite clear here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/40182...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to