General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xclamation
(newbie) Tue 09-Aug-11 20:16:21
Print Post

TalkTalk...

[link to this post]

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post on here for any advice/assistance.

I ordered TalkTalk Essentials as apparently the 'Plus' package was not available on my exhange, I think they mentioned capacity...(My exchange appears to be LLU enabled for TalkTalk and capacity is fine as per samknowsbroadband exchange checker and even TalkTalk's own exchange checker, so this confused me...)?

My activation date received with my welcome pack on 5th Aug 2011, stated the 8th Aug 2011 (Yesterday). My telephone line appears to have switched over as I did a 1471 test which stated I have not yet received any calls. However, my broadband connection is still active with my old ISP.

I called my existing ISP and explained the problem and they stated that basically TalkTalk simply make up the activation dates to get new customers and realisticly it normally takes up to 30 days as TalkTalk do not use MAC codes for migrations and a BT OpenReach engineer would need to be appointed to switch the connection.

I then resorted to telephoning TalkTalk Support. All the bad rumours I had heard were true! Frustrating to say the least.

The operator insisted that I was active and that my broadband connection is now active with TalkTalk. Even after explaining to the operator that only one internet service can exist on one telephone line, he agreed (I thought 'great! I think we're getting somewhere). I re-explained in simple terms that I can still access the internet with my old router without having changed any settings/usernames/passwords from those that have been set in my router for the last 5 years. To this, the operator replied "You are currently connected and active for TalkTalk Broadband"! I repeatedly asked to speak to a manager and eventually got through to one. The manager did not understand either and simply repeated the previous operators answers! She then put me on hold for 10 minutes and eventually hung up on me. What amazing service!

I am kind of hoping for a reply from someone from TalkTalk as I have seen some people actually helped by the people on these forums. (I did try signing up to the TalkTalk Members forum but did not recognise my account!!!!!!!!). Although advice from anyone is appreciated also!

At the moment I am effectively paying for 1 lot of line rental and two lots of broadband!

I have started putting together a letter of complaint as I am not paying for the broadband if im not getting the service yet! I've also considered cancelling the direct debit (although I can claim the 'incorrect' payment back via my bank as per the direct debit guarantee).

Should I switch to someone else before they take over completely? I just dont want to be stuck without a phone line or internet.

Any help/advice muchly appreciated...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 09-Aug-11 20:21:34
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk...

[re: xclamation] [link to this post]

What IP address does your router say, and what happens if you connect the TT-supplied router?

It is possible for a short time to have two ISPs active on the same line, though I have never heard of it on a migration to LLU. Only on ADSL Max > ADSL Max migrations.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Aug-11 20:33:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sounds like they've done a WLR3 migration, then will do the MPF migration later (which could explain why still able to use the old ISP).

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Aug-11 22:57:11
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Yeap this does happen, might even stick him on IPStream for a short period too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 10-Aug-11 09:19:03
Print Post

[re: xclamation] [link to this post]

Hi xclamation,

sorry you are having problems with Customer Services. I would be delighted to help you with this and can also help you register on the members forum.

Please send your telephone and account numbers to me via Private Message and I will get straight on to it for you.

Incidentally we do use MAC where necessary and/or possible.

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Aug-11 08:03:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

True. I had that and for a short while could use both accounts, my old NewNet one and my new TalkTalk one. Just by switching routers. Was very odd. Didn't last very long though and after a delay of a few weeks I was on full LLU....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
  Print Thread

Jump to