General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rs3152
(newbie) Wed 17-Aug-11 10:48:50
Print Post

Daisy plc - terrible email service

[link to this post]

Yet again I am with out email provided by Daisy. They really are terrible

At present I have been without for a couple of days, and a few weeks ago it was almost week. No explanations, no idea of when it will be restored, and no sensible conversations with anyone.

This is costing me business.

Can anyone suggest a good and reliable pop email service ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 17-Aug-11 11:40:25
Print Post

Re: Daisy plc - terrible email service

[re: rs3152] [link to this post]

Tsohost.

You will need a domain hosted there. The cheapest package will host 2 domains and some subdomains, with a total of 10 mailboxes and unlimited aliases.

Performance I've never had a problem with, support is within minutes of raising a ticket or sending an email when the problem is your end, and the staff all know their onions - no script-reading.

I moved 7 domains from Purple Cloud with no trouble at all.

For pure email, 1 & 1 seem popular.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User rs3152
(newbie) Wed 17-Aug-11 15:43:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks I'll take a look.

I've beeen putting off changing ISP as we have a whole pile of domain names, plus email, plus 2 broadband lines all with Daisy who are also really very expensive, and switching just seems so complex and messy.

But I really am going to have to bite the bullet and do it, but I'm a bit cautious - frying pan > fire

Thanks again

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 17-Aug-11 19:29:26
Print Post

As you have domains to host as well, I really do recommend Tsohost. Been with them since March 2010 and not had any noticeable service problems that I can remember.

I had no trouble due to them in any of my transfers, and as I'd never transferred a domain or email before I needed quite a bit of pre-sales help as well.

They couldn't have been more helpful.

The first one scared me to death, but it's just a question of timing what you do. If you decide to go with them I can let you have relevant bits of my initial questions to and answers from them.

How many of your domains have websites?

Remember, once you have independent hosting, switching ISP is far simpler.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User chippy2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Aug-11 12:54:55
Print Post

If you have domains to host I can recommend NetHosted. I think their charges are reasonable and support, if you need it, is lightning fast.
Standard User Invictel
(learned) Thu 18-Aug-11 16:36:46
Print Post

I'll be completely honest here. We were looking at partnering with the wholesale arm of Daisy to add to our product range, and we were especially interested in the mobile phone wholesale side of things.

We decided not to go with them in the end. Really poor customer service, takes them an age to reply to emails. It took 3 emails to get the required information from them, etc. All little things that, when added together make for one big headache.

With regards to domain/email hosting, I have always used Heart Internet in the past but thats purely on a personal level. Commercially we have a dedi server from 1&1. Poor service, I know, but they gave us a good deal on a server so we took it. However, definitely recommend Heart - quick email/ticket response, usually within 15 minutes. Prices seem reasonable too.

Edited by Invictel (Thu 18-Aug-11 16:39:40)

Standard User erehwon13
(newbie) Wed 24-Aug-11 13:11:50
Print Post

Re: Daisy - terrible email service - just like PurpleCloud!

Got here while looking for a new email provider. I've been with PurpleCloud for a few years. It wasn't a bad service and quite cheap. But the last few months have been terrible. Email has been taking days to get through and support are slow to respond, if at all. Apparently the problem is due to spam but there is no mention of any problems on their status page.

Time to move on I think. I'll have a look at all your suggestions.
Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 24-Aug-11 14:36:11
Print Post

[re: erehwon13] [link to this post]

I came from Purple Cloud as well, when just the same started happening. (Maybe I said that earlier). Tsohost are a revelation.

The only minor drawbacks are that you cannot have email-only, you have to have a hosting package, and the forwarding side of things isn't as slick either. Neither bother me now, as I need the hosting, and I forget what my problem was with forwarding so I must have found a workaround.

Standard User erehwon13
(newbie) Thu 25-Aug-11 14:37:33
Print Post

Just signed up to tsohost. Yes, they seem much more efficient than PurpleCloud. I have even spoken to a real person!

You're right, Roberto, the forwarding side is a bit more complicated. I still haven't figured out aliases and group addresses yet but I'll get there. And I know tsohost will help me if I need it!
Standard User gippeswyk
(newbie) Fri 26-Aug-11 19:37:34
Print Post

[re: erehwon13] [link to this post]

how easy is it to move from purplecloud service/problems are getting worst i have lost lots of emails,
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to