General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobTheSlob
(newbie) Sat 05-Nov-11 12:45:41
Print Post

Get out of Pipex / Talk Talk before it's too late!

[link to this post]

I have been without Intenet for three days. The Pipex/Talk Talk technical team are useless! They start by trying to convince me that the problem is my end (which I knew it wasn't). Then they tried to convince me that it was a fault with the line and that they would send a BT technician (who never turned up despite waiting in all day). Out of the numerous second level technichians I spoke with one let it slip many Pipex customers are experiening problems because of the migration from Pipex to Talk Talk. When I insisted on speaking to a supervisor, he told me not to speak to a technician again but only him!

A few weeks ago I was without full Internet service because Talk Talk has imposed HomeSafe onto my system which stopped me using many sites such as Facebook and a techincal support forum I was using to help me fix my laptop. HomeSafe is an opt in service using "benign" spyware. I couldn't get out of it because Pipex had not fully migrated to Talk Talk yet Pipex could not remove it.

My suggestion to any Pipex customer to request your MAC code any get out of Pipex/Talk Talk asap!!!

I am!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 05-Nov-11 12:55:32
Print Post

Re: Get out of Pipex / Talk Talk before it's too late!

[re: RobTheSlob] [link to this post]

Removed as garbage.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 05-Nov-11 13:06:07)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 05-Nov-11 12:56:47
Print Post

Oh - and welcome to the forums smile.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Nov-11 13:02:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

HomeSafe is totally network based, and TalkTalk customers can control it.

It has various categories, so the account holder can block social networking, as well as other more adult categories.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 05-Nov-11 13:05:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Nov-11 13:20:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It also actively tells you that you tried to access a blocked page, so if symptons are just that a site is not accessible, but no warning page given then it is not home safe that is the issue

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TheAtheling
(newbie) Sat 05-Nov-11 21:27:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobTheSlob:
Out of the numerous second level technichians I spoke with one let it slip many Pipex customers are experiening problems because of the migration from Pipex to Talk Talk.

Hi

I have been on DSL with Pipex for about 8 years (Pipex.co.uk). Never brilliant, but never a problem.

However, my download speed crashed to 0.1Mbps two days ago, from the usual 2.5Mbps. Upload speeds have not changed (0.4Mbps). I phoned support today and was told that there were no line problems and they could not do anything so I should phone Cisco because it was a problem with my router (WAG320N) configuration. Now I have not changed this and it sits about 1m away from my PC, so no connection issues.

I was a bit surprised at the rather dismissive response - so I came looking and found this post. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a migration issue or could I have been "throttled"? If so, does anyone know of any UK contact numbers (i.e. not offshore support) so I can check this out?

Many thanks
Standard User henryc
(newbie) Tue 08-Nov-11 10:38:55
Print Post

It really isn't any surprise that they are having so many issues, they are bad enough as it is without trying to almagamate several different networks, the Tiscali network being just one of my gripes at the moment.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Tue 08-Nov-11 15:19:05
Print Post

[re: henryc] [link to this post]

So, what is the problem? Been there many years, stable 16.5MB on a 'up to 20MB' service. Never an outage. Customer service may be an issue but do not fault the basic service.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Tue 08-Nov-11 15:31:32
Print Post

I think you're best to leave Pip/TT before it's too late, in my case being cut off without warning
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/f/3887392-t...

This dragged on into this year when I eventually received compensation via Otelo. To sum up, log every communication with your ISP, and follow the ISP's complaints procedure before you can contact Otelo. After that I found them very helpful.

TT generates heated debate on this forum. Two friends and a relative left them because of poor speed/congestion, my neighbour is still with them and is neutral. My reason for avoiding them is the problems arising from their takeover of Pipex, problems which have affected thousands of others (and earned TT a whopping fine).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to