General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fardreamer
(newbie) Mon 13-Feb-12 18:59:49
Print Post

Be There.... Maybe not!

[link to this post]

For everyone's attention, we have used BeThere for over 4 years now, both at home and at work. For the last 2 years I have been unable to acces the office from home due to routing issues which they don't want to resolve.

However, the best was today when I called regarding the intermittent access to the Internet at the office....

A pre-recorded message stating there is occasional packet loss on all networks...
When I spoke to a member of support staff and explained that it meant for us every other packet was getting lost, making the Internet connection unuseable, the answer was 'yes, we know about it, there are currently 2 issues we have been dealing with for the last 4 days and we don't have a time to fix it'....

Great, so we cannot use the Internet for a random amount of time. Yo would think that as BeThere is unbundled they would be able to sort out a problem with their own kit?

And... no compensation available either - glad I don't run my business the way these guys do!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 13-Feb-12 21:09:33
Print Post

Re: Be There.... Maybe not!

[re: fardreamer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by fardreamer:
For the last 2 years I have been unable to acces the office from home due to routing issues which they don't want to resolve.
No rush then. Why complain now?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-12 21:30:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Was meant to be a PM.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 13-Feb-12 21:32:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(committed) Tue 14-Feb-12 10:48:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Because this is a much bigger issue since a good chunk of customers can't use the internet at all.

BE*Unlimited 19068
/1403Kbps @ 3db INP1
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 14-Feb-12 11:40:25
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
Because this is a much bigger issue since a good chunk of customers can't use the internet at all.
The issue has not been going on for two years. The OP has a specific problem. He may also be suffering from the current one, but I think it unlikely that being sorted will fix his.

BatBoy is often rather terse, and appear confrontational as in this case, but in my opinion nearly always talks sense, (as in this case), until challenged when he has posted something that makes a valid point smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User vimto_girl
(regular) Tue 14-Feb-12 14:07:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
BatBoy is often rather terse, and appear confrontational as in this case, but in my opinion nearly always talks sense, (as in this case)
lol

he doesnt even make sense in this case

The OP told briefly about his history with this ISP including an old ongoing issue. A completely new issue has arisen recently, which he called them about, and which he was unhappy with so posted here.

It's quite straightforward, and neither Batboy's inflammatory trolling nor your reply to epyon make any sense or serve any purpose really.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Feb-12 14:25:58
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

Reading things it seems the latest issue is the straw that breaks the camels back to pick a phrase.

Have grown bored of trolling, which is on the rise, often it seems in the hope that people will respond.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Feb-12 01:54:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

laugh

Be* Unlimited
  Print Thread

Jump to