General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User moonbeauty
(newbie) Sun 04-Mar-12 18:02:42
Print Post

Virgin Media Utilization

[link to this post]

Hi.

Just wondering if any one else in close by areas having the same problem as me. I am a 100MB broadband customer and as of December they have promised to fix the 90% server utilisation problem - which they said now it won't be until 25th MARCH...

I've been waiting 4 months now... if it's not fixed i have been quoted by SKY alot cheaper, might not be as fast but at least a solid connection.

My connection is like a ocean wave, one minute google loads, next minute it doesn't... The boyfriends also smashed it xbox as terrible lagging of VM of battlefield.

anyone out there!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Mar-12 20:56:14
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Utilization

[re: moonbeauty] [link to this post]

It's a bit hard for anyone to answer that they are in an area close to you, as you don't say where you are.

What would be a good idea would be to put your post code into this checker and post the URL of the result smile. Then we know what alternatives are available as well. There are three exchanges serving Slough.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 04-Mar-12 20:58:12)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Mar-12 20:58:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's a bit hard for anyone to answer that they are in an area close to you, as you don't say where you are.

but the profile does give it away wink

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Mar-12 21:29:57
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

At least my edit was a few seconds ahead of your post tongue, so I can claim to have thought of that after posting. Ther last time I looked at those three exchanges there were significant differences though. I didn't bother this time as it's easier to wait for the correct link.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Standard User moonbeauty
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:00:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying back to me. I'm based in post code - sl2 5ra

I've just checked, i'm under http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/THSL

Since in writing this post, i called virgin again and spoke to the decent - Scottish people - They're the best when you talk to them. He apologised first of all as who ever gave me the deadline of the 14th of march was wrong...

Now they say, the 25th... Deffently, if it's not fixed i will be leaving them permantly.. Any one else in my area with virgin.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Mar-12 02:16:52
Print Post

There's a fair chance that if you do leave VM cable that you will be able to get an FTTC connection there, and Sky are supposed to be bringing out their product using it in April.

Standard User lisa81
(newbie) Fri 09-Mar-12 13:27:23
Print Post

I have had a similar problem for nearly a month now. normally when there is a problem, Virgin Media sort the problem out very quickly. Their broadband spped is excellent. However their service over the past month has been poor. Not been able to use the internet for nearly a month now. They should fix it on monday morning. if they don't do it then, then i am leaving them for another isp.
  Print Thread

Jump to