General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Notabene
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-12 13:36:39
Print Post

TalkTalk Overcharge by £5 on Direct Debit Despite Promise

[link to this post]

As a long-term customer with Pipex, now TalkTalk, I was promised a £5 rolling-credit if i took out a yearly contract, -- which I did.

Since in December this credit was not reflected on my bill I contacted TalkTalk. After what I can only summarize as being a lengthy correspondence, TalkTalk did *eventually* duly acknowledge their error and wrote (! quote in part):

[Incident: 111224-000980]
"... I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused you. I can confirm that your account was raised with a rolling credit of £5.00 on the 26th December 2011. Once it is active on your account, it will reflect on your next bill dated on or around the 3rd January 2012. This will bring your monthly recurring charge to <deleted> on your account."

O and yes, I was *correctly* charged in January 2012. But now, I find, that in February 2012 TalkTalk, apparently disregarding the agreement, have NOT applied this rolling-credit.

Furthermore when I try to reply on the Incident Number given in December all my attempts at communicating by email get bounced back! (their email stated I could reply on that number.)

Then I get an email from them forcing me to go to their website. Eventually finding the right area - after much searching - I send it again.

Frankly what can one think of a company that "apologises" then ignores what it has stated in writing and goes ahead and overcharges! What are my options at redress?

Edited by Notabene (Sun 18-Mar-12 13:45:15)

Standard User john2007
(legend) Sun 18-Mar-12 15:08:41
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Overcharge by £5 on Direct Debit Despite Promis

[re: Notabene] [link to this post]

I think people suggest posting on TalkTalk's own forums sometimes elicits a useful response. It might be worthwhile to try that.

By the way, what is a rolling credit? Do you mean you get, in effect, a £5 discount every month?
Standard User Notabene
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 13:09:48
Print Post

Does anyone know where the latest up-to-date Terms and Conditions for TalkTalk are. On their website I could only find Tiscali Terms and Conditions.

If this problem is not resolved I shall seek to cancel the contract with them, without penalty, as I consider that they are currently in clear breach of their side of the deal.

An Incident Number is now raised but so far all I have to show for it is being asked an invalid question, What is my TalkTalk telephone number, when I am a broadband subscriber only.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Mar-12 14:10:02
Print Post

TT remembers, via cookies, which ISP you were originally with and only shows you those T&Cs. Go to http://www.talktalk.co.uk/misc/choice?area=legal&ref... to select other T&Cs.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User willsweet2
(regular) Fri 06-Apr-12 16:46:38
Print Post

Just to re-iterate john2007 's reply, I would definitely post this at TalkTalk 's official Member's Forums. They are very helpful.

www.talktalkmembers.com

25ms Ping. No Jitter. No Packet Loss.

Perfect for Xbox LIVE.
  Print Thread

Jump to