General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ruby39
(newbie) Sun 18-Mar-12 21:10:33
Print Post

Talktalk

[link to this post]

Ive been with Talktalk for approx 7 years now and I stupidly agreed on the phone to another 2 year contract. This contract is due to end in January 2013. However I am recieving such a poor service, the internet is unusable after 5pm, very slow speeds and several attempts to do anything as constantly getting the internet explorer can not be found page. I have been on talktalk forum to ask for help and have found many people are complaining of the same issue. Yet they always say, your line is clear with no faults. I contacted Talktalk and they will not allow me to leave without paying. To add to the difficulty im moving house and they do not charge to do this but insist on beginning a new 18 month contract. Does anyone know if I can get out of my talktalk contract before I move as I do not want a new 18 month contract.
Thank you
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 18-Mar-12 22:09:13
Print Post

Re: Talktalk

[re: Ruby39] [link to this post]

Have a read of this OfCom document. It contains information specific to TalkTalk, as well as others, about early cancellation charges.

It is probable first-line support aren't aware of this sort of thing. They should be, but that's another question. No point in getting mad at someone at that level if you refer to that document and they haven't a clue about it. Just get moved up the chain smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Mar-12 09:25:00
Print Post

[re: Ruby39] [link to this post]

If webpages take a few time to reach, or have pictures missing and a refresh helps, then try using a different DNS server in the PC's network card settings.

Given the costs of moving, perhaps it is a good time to use the early termination system. It will cost some money, but will leave you free to choose at new property.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Mon 19-Mar-12 12:11:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Are there no grounds for claiming that the service is unfit for purpose? I guess that could be a big hassle with TT though...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Mar-12 12:34:59
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

You are free to claim that, but whether it is worthwhile depends on the cost for getting out of the service, versus the effort to show the service is unfit and pursuing.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Mar-12 12:52:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I thought that as well Andrew - currently it works out at £72, with possibly an ADSL Cease as well. Then maybe phone and broadband connection charges at the new place.

The £72 doesn't look too bad, but the rest could add up. I wonder if there would be an ADSL Cease anyway with a TT House Move?

I'm just wondering whether a move with TT, followed by a buyout with a free migration into ANO ISP might be the way to go. Assuming the TT service at the new house was also unacceptable, and that the chosen package with the new ISP didn't have a setup fee anyway even on migration.

Another possibility could be a migration now, with buyout, and a House Move with the new ISP. A bit naughty, but ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Mon 19-Mar-12 13:29:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I definitely wouldn't take the chance with TT at the new address on that quoted 18 month contract...although a cheap full LLU deal might, if available, be very tempting...
  Print Thread

Jump to