General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcombo
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 13:29:53
Print Post

Titan ADSL/ Titan Computers / FutureDSL.

[link to this post]

ok, What ever name they actually use i dont know. But I signed up on march after 2 failed installations with them, Was told over the phone that someone called Abs said i could get a month free, But i need to call them to see if this still stand and get my login information for future use. But I cannot get through it goes to a message saying there either busy or having tehcnical problems.

Maybe someone here or someone from TITAN could maybe post a reply to this message.
Standard User Titan_ADSL
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 14:09:39
Print Post

Re: Titan ADSL/ Titan Computers / FutureDSL.

[re: pcombo] [link to this post]

Hi

Can you drop us a private message with your full name and numberand we will look into this for you. We are just changing phone system providers today so you may not be able to contact us.

Matt

TitanADSL
Call 01332 412 180
Unlimited Broadband upto 24 Mbs, Phone & Broadband bundles upto 24Mbs, Fibre Broadband upto 40Mbs - Get a FREE 0844 number visit
www.titan-adsl.co.uk
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:27:25
Print Post

[re: Titan_ADSL] [link to this post]

@pcombo
This person is not recognised as an ISP representative by these forums - I suggest you think carefully before PMing any personal information such as account name.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:34:53
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
@pcombo
This person is not recognised as an ISP representative by these forums - I suggest you think carefully before PMing any personal information such as account name.
The Titan nick in question is absolutely genuine, as you ought to know given the 9 years you have been registered here, and by the same token you ought to know that Resellers do not get ISP accreditation on these forums frown. As per this TTTS thread about the same post frown.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:49:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You might know that, but how is a new visitor to this site supposed to know that?

Best advice is that if someone without an official status asks for information like that, the request should be ignored - or are these forums somewhere where normal internet rules for being safe on the internet should be ignored?

jelv

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:54:15
Print Post

You might know that, but how is a new visitor to this site supposed to know that?
They could check if Titan_ADSL has a history here. Here's a post from 2009 requesting PM's http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherisp/t/3728400-...

Didn't see you moaning about that, even though you've been a Plusnet user since 2001...

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Tue 27-Mar-12 23:55:49)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Mar-12 00:35:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Like most people I'm becoming more aware of the dangers of providing personal information to people who's status is not absolutely known. Anybody who suggests otherwise is being irresponsible. Ok, so Titan_ADSL has a long history, the next person claiming to be an ISP rep. may only have 200 posts, is that OK? The next one has only 20 - what about that? Next an ISP takes on a new rep. and it's their first post on here, how can anyone tell the difference between that on someone with bad motives trying it on?

No, it has to be a simple rule: if they have an ISP representative tag it's OK, if they don't it's not.

jelv

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Mar-12 00:53:53
Print Post

@pcombo
Your sudden uptightness about resellers, the names and nicks of which you are well aware, plus your sudden loss of understanding about how post links work here imply to me that you are not jelv at all, but someone who has managed to log in using his nick.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User pcombo
(newbie) Wed 28-Mar-12 01:29:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I wont be using any forum PM regardless if there a genuine person from the company.

I like to speak to someone on the phone or face to face when i deal with them not using email or PM's.

I am just confused to why theres alot ISP names setup at the same address and dissolved after so long.

TITANADSL LIMITED
Date of Incorporation: 27/07/2007

ZONE COMMUNICATIONS LTDStatus
Dissolved 04/05/2010
Date of Incorporation: 22/09/2008

INSTANT INTERNET LTD
Date of Incorporation: 25/01/2010

FUTUREDSL INTERNET LTD
Date of Incorporation: 04/03/2010

TITANCOMPUTERS LIMITED
Date of Incorporation: 25/09/2006

Call me suspicious.....

Edited by pcombo (Wed 28-Mar-12 01:30:14)

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 28-Mar-12 07:39:15
Print Post

[re: pcombo] [link to this post]

Titan has been registered with us for a number of years. Whilst an ISP tag is not given no member claiming to be an ADSL provider would last that long if it was a false claim.....we are all sceptics here.smile

Whilst everyone should be careful as regards the info passed on I would not see any issues with providing info that would identify the account. Passwords and suchlike should NEVER be divulged.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to