General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FyllyMan
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:25:14
Print Post

Orange Broadband, Aren't they illegal?

[link to this post]

Okay they must be doing this illegally, theres no way they can be allowed to do this. We have gotten our "upgraded" package and their new (very [censored]) NETGEAR DGN1000 router, but our speeds are so low I can't do anything as simple as skype.. or even load a low quality youtube video, we have been on the phone with them many times and each time they take us through the exact same procedure of changing router settings when clearly its the service they are giving it. And then they hang up on us?

For the past week my internet has been too slow to even load google home page, log into msn or anything. And this is during off-peak time. Apparently with this kind of service and they are refusing to help us, we are well within our rights to cancel our contract, is this true?
Standard User john2007
(legend) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:38:23
Print Post

Re: Orange Broadband, Aren't they illegal?

[re: FyllyMan] [link to this post]

Some stats would be helpful.

Do you know your router stats? See http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

Do you know your sync rates before and after upgrade?
Standard User FyllyMan
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:14:14
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

My router is not listed on that page and also is the sync rate my up and down streams?

If so they are 8128 down and 448 up, if this is not the correct info I am sorry, not sure what the sync rate is.

Some other if is that I am up to half a mile from my exchange, very close to it, it's in my town.

It is the same up to 8mbps line but on the phone when we were thinking of switching to someone else they promised we would have faster speeds with the new package they have made, but in fact our speeds are even worse.

Out house is not very old at all, no older than 20 years so the lines aren't very old. Even wired connected to the router don't help.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:19:39
Print Post

So your problems are over wifi?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User FyllyMan
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:20:05
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No they aren't I had the same issues connected by eithernet.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:21:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by FyllyMan:
they take us through the exact same procedure of changing router settings
What router settings do they suggest change? There's nothing much you can change once you've configured it initially.

What MTU setting in router?

Didn't they offer you their new BrightBox router which auto configures your connection?

What speed does it say you are on under "change your package" in Your Account on their site?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:21:50
Print Post

See if this indicates any problems/congestion at your exchange.

Were you getting a good connection with Orange before the upgrade?

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:26:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by FyllyMan:
If so they are 8128 down and 448 up, if this is not the correct info I am sorry, not sure what the sync rate is.
Yes those are your Sync Speeds.

Where you got those from, copy the whole block including Attenuations & Noise/SNR Margins.

However, those speeds show you have not been upgraded to the faster 21CN WBC platform. What exchange?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User FyllyMan
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:27:00
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

We were getting a pretty decent connection with the old Livebox package yes
Standard User FyllyMan
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:27:02
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

They make us basically just change the channel and the mode from g and b to N but this doesn't help anything. Also we were on the phone and one of their agents said they will send out their new router since this one might not be working but then the next time they phones the agent then said they will not give us it.

MTU is 1492

and it says our speed is the full 8meg, we have no caps or anything.we know that we might not be able to get full 8meg but we should at least get a minimum of 2meg which we dont, sometimes my speedtests get not far over 1meg.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to