General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User willsweet2
(regular) Sat 07-Apr-12 09:10:14
Print Post

Plusnet

[link to this post]

Since switching to BT, I've been very happy. With Plusnet it was a very different story and now things are turning sour for my Uncle and his Plusnet connection.

Ironically, he's only just switched his Line rental from BT and now he starts to get line faults. 1st thing - his broadband starts to drop at random times during the day, 2nd thing - now his performance factors have gone down dramatically (Download: 0.12meg, Upload: 0.38, Ping 95ms) and 3rd thing - it's been happening for nearly a week. Yesterday I logged in with his account at faults.plus.net and reported everything, they say there is a 24 hour turnaround but I beg to differ. It's now been over 24 hours since I reported the faults. They don't seem all that fussed at Plusnet about these very effective issues.

25ms Ping. No Jitter. No Packet Loss.

Perfect for Xbox LIVE.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 07-Apr-12 09:55:43
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: willsweet2] [link to this post]

It might be worth checking with Plusnet's maintenance and stutus pages. There was a (BT?) outage last week, and Plusnet have had load balancing issues since.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2012

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Standard User willsweet2
(regular) Sat 07-Apr-12 14:35:32
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

We live in Norfolk and that was the London area, so it hasn't affected us. It's all sorted anyway, because he's submitted a ticket for a MAC Code to move to BT.

25ms Ping. No Jitter. No Packet Loss.

Perfect for Xbox LIVE.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 07-Apr-12 17:29:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by willsweet2:
We live in Norfolk and that was the London area, so it hasn't affected us.
smile
It doesn't work that way.

Your traffic disappears into the BT Wholesale network at your exchange, and emerges at one of the twenty BT Wholesale nodes dotted around the country, for handover to the ISP. Faraday is one.

Given that PN said about half their customers could be affected I would hazard a guess they only use two nodes. Given that there is one in Sheffield, that stands a fair chance of being the other. What determines which a given customer is on I don't know, or even whether it is fixed. Logic says it shouldn't be, but ...!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Sat 07-Apr-12 18:31:10
Print Post

I live in Scotland and have noticed load-balancing issues over the past few days. No matter now though.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 21:44:44
Print Post

they dont care - that's why I got out after 3 years of being their slave
  Print Thread

Jump to