General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dmarchant
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 20:27:57
Print Post

Who do I complain to when ISP Customer Service fails

[link to this post]

I had been with Demon Internet since 2003 but chose recently to switch to Plusnet to take up FTTC. I got a MAC Code from Demon within 20 minutes of asking and the switchover took place a few weeks later in Jan 2012. However, Demon continued to take payments by Direct Debit after the termination date. I have called the several times (not easy when their customer service hours are limited) and they acknowledge their fault and have even issued me a Credit Invoice. However, despite asking on at least four occassions, I cannot get them to send me a cheque for the balance. They say they have sent it and referred it to their accounts department (which is even harder to get hold of) but no sign of the refund 4 months later.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 24-Apr-12 01:05:39
Print Post

Re: Who do I complain to when ISP Customer Service fails

[re: dmarchant] [link to this post]

Contact your Bank. You will need to convince them these payments should not have been taken. They should then be able to reverse them.

If that works, but not if it doesn't, tell them you wish to rescind the D/D authority for Demon, and that Demon are not to be allowed to recreate it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Apr-12 01:15:12
Print Post

If they are failing to resolve your complaint, and due to the length of time you are waiting, consider raising a complaint with their ADR.

The ADR can force them to pay you any monies due and in certain circumstances, compensation.

You can do this here.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 24-Apr-12 02:02:36
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Surely you need a "deadlock" letter first? But I agree it may be the route to go.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Apr-12 02:03:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, if they've not resolved the issue within 8 weeks you can also go straight to them.

A deadlock letter can be issued within that time if the company cannot (or will not) resolve the issue which means you can go to the ADR within the 8 week period.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Apr-12 11:30:48
Print Post

Just contact bank and get a DD indemnity actioned for the debits...

A bit of advice for the future..

Any time you cancel a service that is paid via a DD. Contact the bank and cancel the agreement....

NEVER EVER RELY ON THE COMPANY TO DO IT........

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/