General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gmb27
(newbie) Sat 04-Aug-12 10:25:30
Print Post

Terrible time with TALKTALK, what is going on?!

[link to this post]

Hi folks, yes it's my first post here (I only found the forum this morning) but I'm despairing so much with talktalk right now that I hoped somebody may be going through the same or even have some pointers.

I signed up about 10 weeks ago for broadband in my new build property (on a new estate). I had a date set by them and then a week before the install they called up and cancelled as "BT were not finished with their work and would need another few days". So a week later I received another date for an install. Again, just before that date I received a call saying exactly the same thing. Another month goes by my third install date was yesterday. I took a days leave from work waited in for a 'between 1-6pm' slot. Absolutely nothing. No call, no messages, no engineer.

So I called up to complain and find out what is going on and now they're telling me the engineer didn't turn up because...wait for it..."BT havent completed their work" and they're to blame. She couldn't tell me why nobody hadn't contacted me and couldn't tell me why they told me a few days more work for BT has lasted 5 weeks and counting.

Just to add more frustration, I have called BT openreach and they tell me theres no ongoing work for this estate and it was completed last month! I'm so frustrated and at the end of my tether with this. Even if I just cancel with them, it's gone on so long now that a new install date from another ISP will still mean waiting another 3-4 weeks. This is just terrible! Any advice from those who've experienced anything like this before would be appreciated frown
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 11:59:08
Print Post

Re: Terrible time with TALKTALK, what is going on?!

[re: Gmb27] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gmb27:

Have other people e.g. neighbours managed to get internet etc installed? If so I would just go via another ISP as there's no point in time wasting longer.

Try BT or Sky (if LLU is available). These are the ones that'll probably install a new line for free (assuming the new build requires this).

BT would probably be the quicker of those two. Is FTTC available do you know?

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 04-Aug-12 11:59:36)

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 12:22:37
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Or Plusnet, but they charge £49.99 for a new phone line installation...

If the exchange is 21CN WBC enabled, Market 2 or 3, or if FTTC is available then PN might be a good choice rather than go to full LLU?

Edited by 4M2 (Sat 04-Aug-12 12:40:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 06-Aug-12 12:20:38
Print Post

Hi GMB27,

If you tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can check the details of the order for you and advise you further.

Cheers

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Gmb27
(newbie) Mon 06-Aug-12 14:47:17
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Thanks but its gone too far to remain with talktalk now. For anybody interested in this thread, I called again and after a very long time on hold was told theres a problem with BT and they need to do some work before anybody on the new build patch can have broadband. They then told me they have no idea of when this work will be completed by BT but untill then, broadband just inst available on my new estate. Advised to just to wait to hear from TalkTalk with a new date...(Baring in mind I have continued to pay my monthly fee from my old property (which they transferred to here) despite not actually having any service, internet or phone, at all.)

I left it there and during the day bumped into my neighbour who happened to tell me he already has broadband and a phone line from another ISP (BT) and has had it up and running for almost 2 weeks. A quick check the other side and my opposite neighbour also has internet with another ISP. I realised there is no 'ongoing work' preventing the estate from getting broadband and that I've just been fobbed off for a long time.

I've now cancelled completely and placed an order with a different provider (I wont state who, so nobody can say this is a promotional thread). I simply cannot believe how poor the customer service has been, especially as Ive been a talktalk/tiscali for many years!
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Tue 07-Aug-12 18:42:47
Print Post

Why use twitter? Wouldn't a PM be OK.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Aug-12 19:09:08
Print Post

What happens if you are not a twit?

Does TT insist that all their customers are twits?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 07-Aug-12 22:34:07
Print Post

I expect they are talking about getting TalkTalk LLU kit installed and working in the exchange. A lot of that is done by Openreach I think. They may even rent backhaul off BT Wholesale and need to get connected to that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Wed 08-Aug-12 12:12:51
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Hi Broadband66,

We dont provide full support via third party forums for a number of reasons. We're present on over 50+ forums and social media site so managing this on each individual forum would not be feasable and most importnatly wouldnt give you as much support to resolve your issue. Further to this alot of Forum admins do not condone Company Reps providing support via PM, so we give generic advise publicly via third party forum and any private exchagnes necessary (such as completing DPA) are conducted via our offical supported channels. This also ensures our complaince with data protection as we have no control over Data Exchanged via third party forums (as this lies with the forum admin) and we cannot verify this is secure (i.e not visible to anyone else) we can however do this via our official support channels such as Twitter (where we have a standard form for DPA completion) or our forum wehre we control the PM system.

As advised we do have officiual support channels on Twitter and you can also use the TalkTalk Members Forum if you are not an existing twitter user, where we can securely complete data protection and also provide full account and service related support.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Wed 08-Aug-12 21:31:15
Print Post

Hiding behind data protection seems to be a standard excuse nowadays. Surely Twitter isn't totaly secure?

As long as no personal details are divulged then if the OP chooses to comment on a forum then the ISP has the right to comment also.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to