General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User barrowfordred
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 16:23:09
Print Post

Pipex / TalkTalk

[link to this post]

My broadband and telephone stopped working yesterday, no dial tone.
I was originally with Pipex, then Tiscalli now TalkTalk.
If I ring Talktalk , something I've done over 10 times today, no one can find my account details? I've tried Home Telecom who say they don't have my details. I can log on and see my emails if I use the Home Telecom link and also the link at webmail.homecall.co.uk which has the TalkTalk logo below the Pipex one at the top of the page.
I've checked my bank direct debit which states "PipexHomecallTD" yet no payment have been taken since February.
My bank say the drirect debit is still in place but no money has been requested since that date?
I'm at a loss as what to do. I can't even request a MAC to leave because nobody has my details. If I try to set up a new broadband account with another provider I don't not what will happen. i want to keep my old telephone number.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 12-Aug-12 16:58:26
Print Post

Re: Pipex / TalkTalk

[re: barrowfordred] [link to this post]

No relevant emails in the webmail, possibly as far back as last December? Have you any other email addresses?

I wonder if a post in the TalkTalk forum here might be an idea, with a link to this one. I expect the TT reps will see it quicker than this.

Are you able to access the TalkTalk Community forums?

The direct debit will have a reference number on it, that identifies the account. I suggest you get that from the bank, as it's possible the TT/Pipex/whatever accounts department wil be able to find history on that, and that could help. They must be able to do that for accounting and audit purposes.

What happens if you try to call in from a mobile or other landline? Zilch I expect, but worth a try.

Is it a "BT line", or LLU? Does the BT Wholesale checker recognise it? Don't panic, (any more than you must already be doing frown), if it doesn't, as LLU lines don't show up there.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User flippery
(regular) Sun 12-Aug-12 17:09:26
Print Post

You need to go to talktalkbusiness.co.uk. They are Ex Tiscali website
You will see Pipex Login halfway down page
http://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/your-account/
Ex Nildram customer
tn 0800 083 3003

Edited by flippery (Sun 12-Aug-12 17:14:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 18:04:38
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Thanks for those replies. It isn't a BT line. I changed to Pipex for line rental.
I can't log in at the website suggested.
I get the following error message -"Alert: Unfortunately, we could not log you in using these supplied credentials".
If i ring my home number from my mobile i can here the usual ringing tone but there is nothing from my home phone.

Edited by barrowfordred (Sun 12-Aug-12 18:09:29)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 12-Aug-12 18:11:59
Print Post

As I said earlier then, your best routes are the TT Community forum if you have access to that, and then the accounts department at TT. There is a legal requirement for them to be able to trace all financial transactions with every customer for several years.

Therefore the account can be found and so what has has happened to it.

The TT forum on this site is a third possibility.

When did you move the rental to Pipex? Recently, or a few years ago? Did you do anything like investigate moving elsewhere in the last 9 months?

Have you checked for relevant emails as I suggested? The combination of taking no payments and not warning of closure is odd.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

Standard User flippery
(regular) Sun 12-Aug-12 18:48:03
Print Post

Try this link
http://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/store/existing-cus...

down left you will see Pipex click on
then click as existing customer and try login again.

I was a nildram customer and can login using my old nildram account.
if you still have problem try number at top of page.
You will not get help from TalkTalk,co.uk unfortunately
Also read Valezio on 16th Jan
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/t/4082508-...

Edited by flippery (Sun 12-Aug-12 18:57:16)

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:00:01
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Once again thanks for these replies. I tried logging on as described above and the error message is - "Alert: Unfortunately, we could not log you in using these supplied credentials"
I have been with Pipex since 2003
The only Pipex emails I can find are the ones telling me my bill is available to view online. Interestingly the last one was in February when my direct debit was last taken out.

Edited by barrowfordred (Sun 12-Aug-12 22:15:28)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:47:48
Print Post

Aaarrghhhh!

This looks to be relevant!

(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 08:22:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Very interesting. As I say I've spoken to these guys and they insist I'm not a customer of theirs, they too have no record of me on their computer. system.

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Aaarrghhhh!

This looks to be relevant!
Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Mon 13-Aug-12 10:13:43
Print Post

I am wondering if you have either just been removed from a system or have been placed in a walled garden.

First stop is to phone the ombudsman and see what they say

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

They will know exactly how to proceed.

Also it seems that as nobody knows what has happened to your account a visit to the data comissioner to place a complanit as it seems that they have fubared your personal details.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Also as it also relates to payments then it also may be worth a call to the FSA as financial details have also been involved.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/

Best thing about using the FSA a complaint to them results in a complaint being opened in which the compaies in question will be charged £500 for a complaint case fee. That might focus them when a bill is presented to them.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to